There have been a bunch of passings recently that should be noted. Perhaps I'm showing my age, but nevertheless:

Actor Milo O'Shea died April 2 at age 86. He appeared in Ulysses, Mass Appeal, Theatre of Blood, The Angel Levine and many other films.

Artist Bob Clarke died March 31 at age 87. If you were around for Mad Magazine's "Golden Age," then you would certainly know the name.

On the subject of artists, Carmine Infantino died April 4 at age 87. He was an illustrator of Batman and The Flash back in the 1960's, as well as being an editor for DC Comics.

Ruth Prawer Jhabvala died April 3 at age 85. She was a noted novelist and screenwriter (Howard's End, A Room With A View).

Spanish film director Jesús Franco (aka Jess Franco and many other pseudonyms) died April 2 at the age of 82. Probably one of the worst directors in the history of low-budget and exploitation film (IMO), he made a number of films with Christopher Lee, including several later entries in the "Fu Manchu" series, as well as the 1970 film Count Dracula (arguably one of his best).

And finally, if you live (or have lived) in the NYC area, and are of a certain age, then you may be familiar with the name of Bob Teague, who was (in the 1960's) one of the very first African-American news anchors on television. He worked for NBC for many years. He died on March 28, at age 84.

RIP to all.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."