As much as I've gotten tired of Marty overusing DeCaprio instead of DeNiro as of late, and as much as I've been geeked up over this possible DeNiro/Pesci/Pacino(and hopefully Frank Vincent too) collaboration since first hearing of it years ago, this next project of his that - again - features DeCaprio, 'The Wolf of Wall Street', I pretty much am looking forward to checking out. It's based on the very real life telemarketing stock market scam that 'Boiler Room' was based on; and with Marty at the helm, it's sure to be an even better flick. But after this, 'The Irishman' BETTER be next!

I immediately went to see 'Rightous Kill' when it came out being it was the first real collabortion on film between both
DeNiro and Pacino (of course GF2 and Heat can't count). Maybe I ought to see it a second time which I haven't yet but in hindsight the film just didn't seem to get past the whole 'novelty' of those two starring in a film together; after all, I never made a strong point to go get it once it came out on DVD. Maybe there's a reason they never really were in a film together all this time. Not too sure if a movie is quite big enough of both of them to actually be together in. Plus both are quite different from one another as actors. I do think Scorcese can pull it off having all of them crammed together in a film and am very optimistic that 'The Irishman' could end up going down as one of his best (I'll be in the theatre opening night first in line). Kind of like how Phil Jackson still made a dynasty work with the likes of Jordan, Pippen & Rodman all together on the same team.

Last edited by BennyFazioCriminalMastermind; 04/05/13 05:03 PM.