GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 282 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,523
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,532
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,451
Posts1,061,156
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: This is what I call justice! Fair and impartial! [Re: IvyLeague] #708796
04/06/13 02:29 PM
04/06/13 02:29 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

I see. So, now that we see that the drug war is a "lost cause," we should.....what? Legalize drugs? Like we did with alcohol? With all the damage that has done to society?

Legalize and regulate it, that will dramatically reduce the current damage that it is doing to society. See my previous post above for some specifics.

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

And even on the demand side you basically seem to be saying it's a lost cause because there will "always" be demand.

That is EXACTLY what I am saying. No use in expending X amount of $$$ and resources fighting a lost cause.

Where did I say anything about what the entire world should do? I'm simply talking about the U.S.

You brought up the example of America going into Mexico. If we did that, another country will eventually take its place as the major supplier/transit point for example Colombia (once again) or Honduras or Canada or Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic. If we went into either one of those, another country will take its place. It will be a never ending cycle which will cause us to get involved all over the world.

Even if/when drugs did start to come by way of other countries, remember that there wouldn't be many people here in the U.S. to distribute it.

In a country of over 300 million people, regardless of what steps are taken and what punishments are metted out. There will still be people who will distribute it, the rewards at that point regardless of the consequences would be too great for some people to pass up.

[quote=IvyLeague]
And even on the demand side you basically seem to be saying it's a lost cause because there will "always" be demand.

That is EXACTLY what I am saying. No use in expending X amount of $$$ and resources fighting a lost cause.

I get the impression that many here, and those in general who are against the war on drugs, are against it simply because they want to see drugs legalized.

I am not going to lie and say I dont agree with this, cause I do to a certain extent. It's all relative like everything in life. It depends on who you discuss the topic with. In my case like I stated above, I dont partake in the useage or distribution of any illegal narcotics.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: This is what I call justice! Fair and impartial! [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708801
04/06/13 02:49 PM
04/06/13 02:49 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
there is some truth to the idea that people who use drugs would want them legal, thats just common sense. there is also alot of truth to the idea that people who use the harder drugs could really not care less what the legal status of the drugs in question are. there is also some truth to the fact that there is a large group of people who need drugs to remain illegal to remain employed. ivy, this isn't a personal attack against you, but how many of your colleagues would be out of work, or have much less work, if only cannabis was legal?

as most know who follow my posts here, i enjoy a nice smoke from time to time, so i will readily admit i have a "horse in the race", but thats only part of the reason i feel the way i do. there is always the cost/benefit analysis, as well as the personal liberty argument, both of which need to be taken into account no matter what we are talking about. the thought that if we just ramp up the war financially, as well as the idea that we can somehow impose our own sense of right and wrong on the rest of society through force in nothing short of authoritarianism under the cover of morality

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: This is what I call justice! Fair and impartial! [Re: Dapper_Don] #708806
04/06/13 03:12 PM
04/06/13 03:12 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Legalize and regulate it, that will dramatically reduce the current damage that it is doing to society. See my previous post above for some specifics.

As I pointed out before, alcohol and tobacco are both legalized and regulated. And, for that very reason (their availability), they do more damage to society than all the illegal drugs combined. I can't even imagine the damage that would result from heroin, cocaine, marijuana, meth, ecstasy, etc. being legalized.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: This is what I call justice! Fair and impartial! [Re: IvyLeague] #708816
04/06/13 03:44 PM
04/06/13 03:44 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

they do more damage to society than all the illegal drugs combined. I can't even imagine the damage that would result from heroin, cocaine, marijuana, meth, ecstasy, etc. being legalized.

It is estimated that tobacco causes 40 percent of all hospital illnesses, while alcohol is involved in more than 50 percent of all visits to hospital emergency rooms. In light of these stats, why should less harmful drugs like ecstasy and LSD be deemed illegal to use. A recent study by academics ranked the most dangerous drugs in order of physical harm to the user, addictive potential of the drug ,and the drug's overall impact on society. Here is the list:

Ranked from most to least dangerous, the ten most dangerous substances were deemed to be:

Heroin - popular street names include smack, skag, and junk.
Cocaine - often referred to as snow, flake, coke, and blow.
Barbiturates - popular slang names include yellow jackets, reds, blues, Amy's, and rainbows.
Street Methadone
Alcohol
Ketamine - a powerful hallucinogen, often referred to as Special K.
Benzodiazepines - a family of sedative drugs.
Amphetamines - known as greenies among baseball players.
Tobacco
Buprenorphine - also called bupe or subbies.

The remaining drugs that were assessed in the were ranked as follows:

Cannabis - includes marijuana.
Solvents - volatile substances that can be inhaled, such as glue, nail polish remover, paints, hair spray, and lighter fuel (gas).
4-MTA - is a derivative of amphetamine and has similar effects to ecstasy.
LSD
Methylphenidate - central nervous system stimulant, commonly sold as ritalin.
Anabolic steroids
GHB - short for Gamma hydroxybutyrate, a powerful central nervous system depressant, most commonly known as the date rape drug.
Ecstasy
Alkyl nitrates - group of drugs commonly referred to as poppers.
Khat - an amphetamine-like stimulant.

Legalizing and regulating illegal narcotics, while using the money raised through its taxation to treatment and prevention is a FAR MORE wiser investment than addressing the supply issue.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 04/06/13 03:46 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: This is what I call justice! Fair and impartial! [Re: Dapper_Don] #708817
04/06/13 03:48 PM
04/06/13 03:48 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

It is estimated that tobacco causes 40 percent of all hospital illnesses, while alcohol is involved in more than 50 percent of all visits to hospital emergency rooms. In light of these stats, why should less harmful drugs like ecstasy and LSD be deemed illegal to use. A recent study by academics ranked the most dangerous drugs in order of physical harm to the user, addictive potential of the drug ,and the drug's overall impact on society. Here is the list:

Ranked from most to least dangerous, the ten most dangerous substances were deemed to be:

Heroin - popular street names include smack, skag, and junk.
Cocaine - often referred to as snow, flake, coke, and blow.
Barbiturates - popular slang names include yellow jackets, reds, blues, Amy's, and rainbows.
Street Methadone
Alcohol
Ketamine - a powerful hallucinogen, often referred to as Special K.
Benzodiazepines - a family of sedative drugs.
Amphetamines - known as greenies among baseball players.
Tobacco
Buprenorphine - also called bupe or subbies.

The remaining drugs that were assessed in the were ranked as follows:

Cannabis - includes marijuana.
Solvents - volatile substances that can be inhaled, such as glue, nail polish remover, paints, hair spray, and lighter fuel (gas).
4-MTA - is a derivative of amphetamine and has similar effects to ecstasy.
LSD
Methylphenidate - central nervous system stimulant, commonly sold as ritalin.
Anabolic steroids
GHB - short for Gamma hydroxybutyrate, a powerful central nervous system depressant, most commonly known as the date rape drug.
Ecstasy
Alkyl nitrates - group of drugs commonly referred to as poppers.
Khat - an amphetamine-like stimulant.

This just tells me tobacco should be illegal. Not that ecstasy or LSD should be made legal. But that's the result of hypocrisy on the part of our lawmakers, as well as those who vote for them. Many of them drink and smoke so those things remain legal. But, again, rather than an argument to legalize other drugs, it's an argument to make those illegal as well.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: This is what I call justice! Fair and impartial! [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708826
04/06/13 04:04 PM
04/06/13 04:04 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
One should only look at the effects of prohibition on society- both in terms of economic cost and its effect on the populace to see what would happen if alcohol (once again) and tobacco are made illegal. Alcohol does MUCH LESS damage today to society than it did when it was illegal, thats a fact.

Re: This is what I call justice! Fair and impartial! [Re: IvyLeague] #708828
04/06/13 04:05 PM
04/06/13 04:05 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California

Originally Posted By: XDCX
I couldn't agree more. Drugs would not be making it into this country if the people weren't demanding it. Americans love their pot, coke, and heroin.

So, if I'm reading between the lines correctly here, we should just throw up our hands and be done with it? Legalize everything, because Americans will always want their drugs, and just let people get high and wasted all day long?

Not at all, I'm just saying don't put all the blame on the suppliers and pushers.

I'm not entirely opposed to eliminating the cartels, but unfortunately, as soon as you get rid of one, another will pop up. As long as the demand exists, there will be people there to supply it. The key is getting rid of the demand, but I've no idea how to do that.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: This is what I call justice! Fair and impartial! [Re: Dapper_Don] #708844
04/06/13 05:14 PM
04/06/13 05:14 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Alcohol does MUCH LESS damage today to society than it did when it was illegal, thats a fact.

I'm not sure where you get that idea because it's most certainly not a fact.

Contrary to popular opinion, alcohol use actually did go down during Prohibition. Look at the study below, which says alcohol consumption fell sharply at the beginning of Prohibition, to 30% of it's pre-Prohibition levels. During the next several years, consumption rose sharply, to 60-70% of pre-Prohibition levels. But still a net drop.

With alcohol legalized, the use is much more widespread. Which results in so many problems - alcoholism, domestic abuse, birth defects, car accidents, disease, lost productivity, etc.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w3675.pdf

Re: This is what I call justice! Fair and impartial! [Re: EastHarlemItal] #708853
04/06/13 05:59 PM
04/06/13 05:59 PM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
Every person chooses their path. No-one forces anyone to use alcohol, the same is with drugs. It's just weak people who fell for it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull