[i]
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
FS can you enumerate with specificity what changes you oppose, and what changes (if any) you favor?

Please address the following:

Mandatory background checks for ALL gun transactions with a ban on convicted felons and crazy people from getting guns.

Limitations on magazines.

Banning certain types of "assault" weapons. On this one even a bleeding heart liberal like myself has a problem with the myriad "definitions" floating around out there. I mean no one wants people to have nuclear weapons, tanks, rocket launchers, etc. Where do you draw the line ?

As every state has it's own rules, I will tend to Talk about NY State because some jerk will pop up and say that it isn't that way around here....

1)[i]Mandatory background checks for ALL gun transactions with a ban on convicted felons and crazy people from getting guns.

For New people who are just getting their permits Sure. NY is very well above this already. They call in on every gun purchase that you make here. I think your statement is a given if you are a convicted felons or crazy person. But I shouldn't have to jump back thru hoops or see a DR. very time I want to add a gun. I should be good to go after I have been thru the process already.

2)Limitations on magazines.

Tuff call because this can be twisted in so many ways. A gun comes with a magazine with witch it is design to work with, rifle, pistol doesn't matter. It is a normal feature so that should be allowed as designed.

Fear mongers will cry about any size magazines because and you don't need this or that bullshit because some jerk has to show off some misfitted over kill magazine to look cool.

I will take the same rights as any other law enforcement officer. If he wants to protect himself or/and his family, I want the same rights.

3) Banning certain types of "assault" weapons. On this one even a bleeding heart liberal like myself has a problem with the myriad "definitions" floating around out there. I mean no one wants people to have nuclear weapons, tanks, rocket launchers, etc. Where do you draw the line ?

This is the biggest bull shit in all the text they produce. They have proven that they do not know what a REAL assault weapon IS and their use of the term LIKE is so wrong that in many cases they use it to ban almost every Rifle passed on looks alone and then they try and word it tight that they pick it apart and tighten down every point and it rules out all guns almost.

There are very few REAL ASSAULT weapons out in the public and that is the fact. Cut the crap with looks...Fact is these are GUNS and they are made to kill! Stop trying to pick them apart with terms to pan them because they look just like something.
People who start with this "nuclear weapons, tanks, rocket launchers, etc."
are just blow-hards as far as I am concern- They don't want to be real about these things, they just want to stretch things out of shape, so I just don't even answer a person who starts this crap.
The answer is: the right people should have the "rights" which he is able to handle.

Isn't it funny that the Govt will give an F-14 fighter or a nuclear turn key to a young man who may only be say 21 or so.

The sad thing is you will always get the jerk that will try to pick at every word you say or type and not get what is really being say....

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!