Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
I'm not sure why you think when a straight couple gets married, their sex to the rest of us is less yucky than anyone else's, or that I would have to accept their sex style, be it missionary, all the way to including bondage and discipline. Who cares? You don't have to accept it. Government does. Not sure why you think you are entitled to marriage benefits while gays should not have the same entitlements. Aren't they the citizens of the same country? Don't they pay the same taxes that you pay? Just because you are not accepting of their life style, they should not be getting spousal benefits?

As I've brought a number of times now, and which you and others conveniently sidestep, the U.S. decided on what it considered "marriage" over a century ago when they outlawed polygamy. Even though the polygamists actually were denied their Constitutional right of freedom of religion under the First Amendment. And you and every other secular liberal from then till now didn't say jack about it. But now, when it involves gay marriage, you want to change the rules. This is a classic example of how, despite all the talk, you people couldn't care less about "rights" unless they fit your personal social agenda.

And the government doesn't necessarily "have" to accept anything. The issue should be left up to the states. But we all know why you and other libs don't want that, don't we?

I thought polygamy was attacked by other religious groups (more like how they attacked alcohol) and it lead to it being banned. I might be wrong though.