Originally Posted By: dontomasso
y going to be tough. I actually reported this particular post. Perhaps some of us can take it on ourselves to report these type of posts, or at least to call ou the people making them, then ignoring them otherwise.

Probably the first rule of thumb would be nostand alone ad hominem attacks....This would not include
valid disagreements, i.e. "Olivant, I think your legal reasoning is wrong because...blah blah blah"

Actually NOT a bad idea. I'm not one to report posts, but rather stay away from replying to them, especially if it's one created to make trouble or for the purpose of spewing hate. That only fuels the hate. rolleyes

It would work I suppose as long as nobody feels the need to report every little thing simply because they don't agree with or like the poster. It's gotta be a good/valid reason IMHO Or the mods would go crazy checking every little thing.

The example you state above....if it's a legitimate argument/disagreement is good.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon