Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
The posters on the forums who claim inside knowledge are a dime a dozen. There's actually two groups. The first group are complete bullshitters. They know nothing but pretend like they're in the know. The second group is trickier. They are in a position to hear certain things, maybe they know certain people, and do have valid things to pass on. But many in this group routinely go beyond what they really know; i.e. passing off their own opinion as inside information. If they were always on the level, I'd give them more credibility. But their ego usually gets the best of them and they can't help but exaggerate their knowledge.

If people want to be given credit for what they knew, when they knew it, here's what they can do. They can explain exactly how they know it. I'm talking about actually name the names and everything. And they can maintain that position consistently until they are eventually proven right. But this never happens. These people always act like there's something keeping them from naming names, like some internet code of Omerta they have to follow. As if anybody would give a rat's what they posted here and as if it would have any effect in the real world.

The truth is, they throw out their hunches, but don't want to name names because they're really don't know and want to have room to change their story around if need be.

Ofcourse they won't name names as it can jeopardize their own safety. And why implicate people that you know and are, or used to be, friendly with? Why reveal your sources in the first place?

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."