Thanks for the compliment. You're a good poster on Canada either. Ofcourse we'll just have to agree to disagree. I does seem evident that the Bonannos don't care as much as they should, and they might have gotten Desjardins in jail if they really wanted too. But Desjardins obviously enjoys a lot of protection inside jail, not only from prison guards, who monitor him closely, but also his allies. When Desjardins was incarcerated in the 90s it was said that he ruled as a king inside his prison. The least the Bonannos could have done is to put a contract out on his head. But I don't think that any Bonanno affiliate who might be in the same prison as Desjardins would risk his own life by killing one of the prison's bigshots. This is what you mostly only see in the movies, and this isn't a biker war.

There could be a hundred Montreal crime reporters claiming that the Rizzutos killed Di Maulo yet that doesn't make it evidence. As it turns out, claims and statements made by some of the most formidable reporters often turn out to be erroneous in the end. We don't even know Di Maulo's role in the murder of Montagna to begin with so thinking that he was behind it is highly speculative. I personally think that he was certainly aware of it, but turned a blind eye and let Desjardins take care of the matter. Maybe this is something the Bonannos only found out later, and even mobsters need evidence before they order someone to be killed.

And it's quite evident that Di Maulo wasn't expecting an attack from the Rizzutos either, if they were behind it in the first place. I think it's 50/50; either Vito Rizzuto or the Bonanno family or a combination of both.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."