Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: SgWaue86
Shit in Chicago the fella's still got there hooks in the books and lending, but the ruskies and greeks have there fair share of action too and i don't think they're kicking up as EHI said 20-30 years ago would've been a different story shit 10 years ago if you were on the rader you woulda been paid a "courtisy" visit. Though it seems the boys still have alot to offer to guys on the up and up but then what the fuck do i know but what i know LOL.

When you talk about the Russians and Greeks having "their fair share of action too," are you talking about sports betting? When was the last time there was a bookmaking bust in Chicago that involved an operation run by Russians or Greeks? The only thing that comes to mind is when Joseph "Pooch" Pascucchi and Demitri "Jimmy" Stavropolous (who's obviously Greek) were charged with bookmaking back in 2004. But they are both Chicago LCN associates.

Yeah it's not on the type of level of these fella's but off-hand i can think of a couple guys in the suburbs who do even if it's just to break even on their bets, kinda like selling weed just so you can smoke for free. There's black and latino bookmakers too , and i won't say that none of them are kicking up but i know all of them ain't. Mostly these guys got around 5-10 steady bettors and more or less seems to be start up guys, but yes Ivy i talking about greeks and russins if you look on the IDOC inmate search you'll find a wide varity of activity, alot of them Eastern Europen and some middle eastern guys too (Palastine) but that's more medicaid and link card fraud. It's there if you look though.

Last edited by SgWaue86; 03/30/13 11:55 AM.