East, don't give me that "you left the Bronx" crap, like I don't know what I'm talking about, although I loved Nicky's comment about Serbia! lol As for the age of my children, how is the conversation about same sex marriage different from a conversation about homosexuality itself. The fact that Aunt Susie and Aunt Joan are a couple, married or not, is the conversation that you may have trouble with, not whether Susie and Joan can marry. To a child, that's irrelevant. How would you explain any couple living together that isn't married?

I do believe that no Church, if it's doctrine states that homosexuality is a sin, should suddenly conduct same sex marriage. However, the Bill of Rights recognizes that we are ALL created equal and that we are guaranteed the right to live a life of liberty and one in the pursuit of happiness. That means that the rights granted to one must be granted to all. If I have the right to marry, then my gay neighbor should also be granted that right. The same 14th amendment that protects me protects all and makes sure that we are all equal under the law. If we're all equal, then why can't everyone marry??

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club