Originally Posted By: BarrettM
My two cents on why Roselli was killed. Murray Humphreys hated Roselli for how he was conducting himself and Accardo concurred. You add that with how the new street boss, Aiuppa wanted both the soldiers and capos with Giancana ties killed and that's a deadly combination. The Humphreys thing started when Roselli started partying, hanging out with starlets. He came over to a table where Humphrey's wife was sitting one night and opened with a story of him killing a civilian (he had killed the wrong guy). Humphreys was so shocked he went off fuming to Accardo. Also let's not rule out Santo Trafficante's role in the murder. He's probably the biggest enigma of all the major dons throughout history. We really don't know much about him or his crew, or even his stance on Cuba. It could have been Santo as well.

I guess the point is Roselli had ran out of friends and made far too many enemies. It could have even been the CIA.

Tony do you really think Roselli was a rat? I can see it happening. He was an aggressive guy and St. Louis and Detroit had their own little thing going on that kept cutting Chicago out.

In 1975 Frank Church and his Select Committee on Intelligence Activities interviewed Roselli about his relationship with the secret services. It emerged from this interview that Roselli and fellow crime boss, Sam Giancana had taken part in talks with the CIA about the possibility of murdering Fidel Castro. Roselli also claimed that a CIA hit team that had been dispatched to Cuba had been "turned" and used to kill Kennedy.

The following year the Select Committee on Intelligence Activities decided to recall Roselli. Soon afterwards Fred Black called him and warned him that Santos Trafficante had taken out a contract on his life and that the "Cubans were after him".

In July 1976, Roselli left home in Florida to play golf. He never arrived at the golf course and ten days later his body was found floating in an oil drum in Miami's Dumfoundling Bay. He had been garroted. Roselli's legs had been sawed off and squashed into the drum with the rest of his body.

Jack Anderson, of the Washington Post, interviewed Roselli just before he was murdered. On 7th September, 1976, the newspaper reported Roselli as saying : "When Oswald was picked up, the underworld conspirators feared he would crack and disclose information that might lead to them. This almost certainly would have brought a massive US crackdown on the Mafia. So Jack Ruby was ordered to eliminate Oswald."

The House Select Committee on Assassinations managed to obtain the records of an FBI wire tap on Santos Trafficante. On the tape Trafficante was heard to say "now only two people know who killed Kennedy and they aren't talking."

Colin Sullivan: "What Freud said about the Irish is: We're the only people who are impervious to psychoanalysis."

Cincotti said: "They don't have the scruples that we have." Zannino agreed. "You know how I knew they weren't Italiano? When they bombed the fucking house. We don't do that."