My two cents on why Roselli was killed. Murray Humphreys hated Roselli for how he was conducting himself and Accardo concurred. You add that with how the new street boss, Aiuppa wanted both the soldiers and capos with Giancana ties killed and that's a deadly combination. The Humphreys thing started when Roselli started partying, hanging out with starlets. He came over to a table where Humphrey's wife was sitting one night and opened with a story of him killing a civilian (he had killed the wrong guy). Humphreys was so shocked he went off fuming to Accardo. Also let's not rule out Santo Trafficante's role in the murder. He's probably the biggest enigma of all the major dons throughout history. We really don't know much about him or his crew, or even his stance on Cuba. It could have been Santo as well.

I guess the point is Roselli had ran out of friends and made far too many enemies. It could have even been the CIA.

Tony do you really think Roselli was a rat? I can see it happening. He was an aggressive guy and St. Louis and Detroit had their own little thing going on that kept cutting Chicago out.

Last edited by BarrettM; 03/29/13 01:38 PM.