GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Malavita, m2w, 1 invisible), 686 guests, and 69 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,439
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,432
Posts1,060,870
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 7: Abortion #70712
06/25/04 09:21 AM
06/25/04 09:21 AM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline
Underboss
New Market, MD
People always say that you wouldn't be here if your mother had an abortion. And while that's very true, I fail to see the immediate tragedy in it.

It's not like I would have known the life I had lived until now, and then been taken from it because my mother had an abortion...

I would have never known anything, this life wouldn't have been started.

You can't be sad over something you never had.

And BTW - I am for the death penatly, and I feel more strongly about that than I do abortion.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 7: Abortion #70713
06/25/04 07:24 PM
06/25/04 07:24 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
What about a person who is Anti-Abortion, but favors the death penalty, a position that many conservatives have on the two questions.

Does that make them "Pro-Life" or "Pro-Death"?

I believe that married couples should have children and raise families.
I believe everyone is entitled to the best available health care so that they may live as long as possible.
I do not favor the dealth penalty.

I am not "Anti-Life"
I understand your position, Lawrence. While I don't agree with it, I do respect your right to have it and express it, and I do appreciate the civil response (especially over such a passionate issue). Kudos, man!

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 7: Abortion #70714
06/25/04 10:06 PM
06/25/04 10:06 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByClotheshanger:

Any person who is thinking of aborting a fetus should definitely be told the benefits of carrying the child and giving it up for adoption - even though many times that is more of a painful process than abortion.

While the child does have a chance to live, the mother must go through the pain and regret of giving the child away. And that child will no doubt want to learn more about their biological parents when they learn they were adopted.

That's much more traumatic, IMO.
More painful? For who? The innocent life that is extinguished, I'd say.

I think a bit of "pain and regret over giving the child away" is most likely much more easier on the soul than it is to know that you murdered your own child.

Quote:
But no one is going to convince me of a reason to totally get rid of abortion. If someone opts to do it, it's their choice.
Pre-meditated murder would be a good reason.

Quote:
What about a person who is Anti-Abortion, but favors the death penalty, a position that many conservatives have on the two questions.
The difference, in my mind, is this. On one hand, a completely innocent life is extinguished. On the other, a convicted criminal who has been decided, on the jury of his peers, to warrent enough of a threat to the general public to be executed. Complete innocence versus convicted guilt.

Quote:
I would have never known anything, this life wouldn't have been started.

You can't be sad over something you never had.
Not true. You might not have "known" anything, but considering both the egg and sperm cells are alive, and form another living and dividing cell, there isn't a point after conception where life isn't present.

Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 7: Abortion #70715
06/26/04 12:33 AM
06/26/04 12:33 AM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Anti-Life?? I find it almost humorous that so many PRO-LIFE turn a blind eye to the 10000 or so innocent civilian lives lost (necessary and unfortunate in times of war, ha) in Iraq, or the current genocides in the world by dictators that would make Saddam blush. Nuke 'em or Ignore all those precious LIVES.

Adoption? How simple if you are a cute little Anglo baby with all the potential to grow up to be smart, beautiful or handsome like LDV and PL. Babies of color, born with AIDS, fetal alcohol syndrome, genetic or acquired disabilities wait in droves for adoption. There aren't enough families willing to adopt a "special needs" child. Let the State take care of them..but now wait! Cut welfare because it is for lazy people! Forget their lives and just make sure the programs that help the most vulnerable are cut as part of the "budget" crisis or during "cut the fat tax cuts."

If you want abortion to be eliminated, eliminate the reasons women feel abortion is the best choice - remove domestic violence, poverty, social, financial and career penalties for being a mother, make sure all children have enough to eat, a safe place to sleep, and all parents can have affordable and safe day care. Make domestic adoption less perilous, time consuming and gut wrenching. Provide all children with proper knowledge of sex, sexuality, STD's, birth control, etc. Enforce child support collection. Are you pro-lifers doing any of this? Funny, I'm considered "anti-life" but probably do more to try to help LIVES (through volunteer work) that some "pro-lifers".

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Pat's Thoughts Volume 7: Abortion #70716
06/26/04 03:20 PM
06/26/04 03:20 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Saladbar:
Anti-Life?? I find it almost humorous that so many PRO-LIFE turn a blind eye to the 10000 or so innocent civilian lives lost (necessary and unfortunate in times of war, ha) in Iraq, or the current genocides in the world by dictators that would make Saddam blush. Nuke 'em or Ignore all those precious LIVES.

Adoption? How simple if you are a cute little Anglo baby with all the potential to grow up to be smart, beautiful or handsome like LDV and PL. Babies of color, born with AIDS, fetal alcohol syndrome, genetic or acquired disabilities wait in droves for adoption. There aren't enough families willing to adopt a "special needs" child. Let the State take care of them..but now wait! Cut welfare because it is for lazy people! Forget their lives and just make sure the programs that help the most vulnerable are cut as part of the "budget" crisis or during "cut the fat tax cuts."

If you want abortion to be eliminated, eliminate the reasons women feel abortion is the best choice - remove domestic violence, poverty, social, financial and career penalties for being a mother, make sure all children have enough to eat, a safe place to sleep, and all parents can have affordable and safe day care. Make domestic adoption less perilous, time consuming and gut wrenching. Provide all children with proper knowledge of sex, sexuality, STD's, birth control, etc. Enforce child support collection. Are you pro-lifers doing any of this? Funny, I'm considered "anti-life" but probably do more to try to help LIVES (through volunteer work) that some "pro-lifers".
1.) Again, where have we pro-lifers (in this thread at least) turned a blind eye? I thought I made very clear the idea of purity and innocence regarding a child. Not that killing in war is right; but you are bringing a totally separate issue here to rationize and trivialize the abhorrent procedure that is abortion.

2.) That's funny...most couples I know that have adopted (not that I know many myself, mostly through my parents or other "adult" friends) have children of foreign descent. It is (from what I understand) difficult to obtain American babies at this point. Perhaps someone who knows more about the process at this moment can clarify...

3.) I don't think any of us "pro-lifers" are condemning anything you mentioned if it would be improved. Those are all noble tasks. But there comes a point where people who are NOT in that situation and have all those benefits and STILL commit murder.

---

As long as we are removing "penalties" for being a mother, let's get rid of the marriage tax.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull