Ah, welfare. For some, it's a way of a living. For others, it's a way of taking advantage of something. The questions are these: Who really needs to be on welfare? Who shouldn't be on it?

This is what I think should happen for those who want welfare. I think that if you have a single mother or father without a job, they need to be on it. I think that if you have a male or female on their own, with or without a child, and the male or female have a job, but just can't do good with what they're making, they need to receive it.

What pisses me off is when we have drug traffic in the US heavily increasing, and welfare is being cut. If we cannot eliminate these dealers, then it's a lose-lose situation. Most people who sell drugs do so because it's their way of living. They were brought up to believe that it was a normal job.

Furthurmore, in this lose-lose situation, does anyone think that some of the dealers may stop the dealing if they received a decent amount of money on welfare? I think that some would. Would ALL? No. Would some take advantage of the situation and continue to cash in on the welfare and sell the drugs? Yes. In this lose-lose situation, wouldn't it be better to eliminate some of the drug problems? What do you think?

The war on drugs is obviously growing in the US. Kids know that, but I'm not sure that adults realize just how easy it is to get drugs today, even for people who live in some of the nicest places in America. Drug prices are down and kids are now moving on from "smokin' a blunt" every now and then. Ecstasy, heroin, and cocaine are now easier to get and cheaper then ever. I personally stay away from drugs, but the people you least suspect are the ones on it. The preps and the jocks now do drugs just as much as the losers do. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur