"I CHAT TO NICOLA AT HER GRAVE"
Heartbroken mum reveals loss as she returns from killer's trial

ANGER: Nicola’s parents and sister at RTE on Friday

THE heartbroken mum of tragic Nicola Furlong has revealed she visited her daughter's graveside for some "chit chat" after returning from Japan on Friday.

Smirking monster Richard Hinds was jailed for between five and 10 years this week for her murder in a Tokyo court. The 'Christian' musician brutally strangled Nicola last May shortly after meeting her and a pal in the Japanese capital. He then tried to destroy the 21- year-old student's reputation by claiming he was forced to restrain her because she demanded rough sex.

Nicola's mum Angela has said the first thing she did after arriving back to her Co Wexford home on Friday was to visit her daughter's grave. "I went out to Nicola today (Fri). I do talk to her, I was telling her how I got on in Japan and that I'd seen 'the man'," she said.

Friends

"Generally chit chat. She's had a load of babysitters since we've been gone all my friends and work colleagues and Nicola's friends have been going out and leaving flowers for her.

"The grave actually looked amazing. I put my flowers out and everything for her - it was perfect."

Killer Hinds (19) - originally from Memphis, Tennessee - was classified as a minor under Japanese law and because of this the maximum term he will serve is ten years in prison. However, he could still be freed in half that time if he is granted parole.

CARE: Friends tended to Nicola’s grave while her parents were away

On RTE's Late Late Show, Nicola's sister, Angela, said she believes Hinds should have been given the death penalty. "We knew that was the most he was going to get was 10 years because he was tried as a minor.

"I would like the death penalty but that's not going to happen.

"He took Nicola's life but I feel like my life is over.

"I get up everyday, I've no purpose or meaning and he did that. I've so much hatred for him. Why should he get to live? Five years - he'll be 24 he can still live his life."

Last May, Nicola and a female friend were unconscious when they were brought to the hotel by two Americans - but staff helped put both girls into wheelchairs. CCTV footage also showed hotel workers accompanying the unconscious girls and the two men - Richard Hinds and James Blackston - to separate rooms.

Drugs

Nicola's dad, Andrew, said he believes his daughter and her pal were drugged by the two Americans.

"The two collapsed at the same time, so we're convinced," he said.

Andrew also confirmed that he is planning to sue the luxury Tokyo hotel. He believes his daughter's life could have been saved if hotel workers had acted differently.

"They should have been brought to a hospital, not up to a bedroom.

"They just wanted them out of the way."