Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
They were based out of the East Bronx, Throggs Neck in particular but really throughout the area, Vinny Gourgous lived pretty close to me growing up and thats no bullshit ask PB. Also I wouldnt reffer to the area as "Italian" entirely becouse there's a lot of others especially Irish and German nor would I say that the Bonnanos ran the neighborhood because they didn't, the other crews in the area had allot more say than them and at this point there all but extinct as a crew, of which there was only really in in the BX as oppose to the others with several(Save the Colombo's entirely)

You're doing fine, Tony. You don't need me to echo you. But I will just a little bit tongue lol.

Vinny lived at the end of Revere, right on the corner of Schurz. His beauty parlor was next to S&W Market (which used to be a bar for years and years), across the street from Tommy's pizzeria and the old Casey's.

Like Tony the Kid said, they were East Bronx based but the Bonannos hardly "ran" the neighoborhood. QD lived here forever and Prisco was based out of Westchester Square back then, so you do the math. Or fuck it, I'll do it for you: East Bronx = Genoveseland, with the Luccheses coming in a close second. If you want, call them 1 and 1a, but the Bonannos only made noise here briefly. Late '90s thru the mid 2000's. Their rise and fall here honestly mirrored Vinny B's.

And for the record, Patty D's headquarters was closer to Castle Hill than over here. The stores were all in the Westchester Avenue, Zerega, Castle Hill area. Still the East Bronx, but to be technical that area is sandwiched in between Pelham Bay and Parkchester.

That's $2 for the geography lesson, ChiTown smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.