Yes, this man is a turd. Yes, he's a complete sociopath. Yes, he deserves whatever punishment he gets. However, I don't understand why the judge allowed him to stay in the courtroom. How was he not found in contempt and hauled out? When Manson and his followers misbehaved in court, the judge immediately had them removed. Why give them the attention they so craved? It's like a reward.

As for X and what he said, I understand his point. We have law and order for a reason. You can't degenerate into a lynch mob because what this man did is inexcusable. That's why we HAVE law and order, to prevent vigilantes and lynch mobs. I didn't read anywhere that X wanted him tucked into bed at night with his blanky and a warm glass of milk.

Through the efforts of psychologists and the efforts of the FBI's BAU and their studies into murderers, we have gained a greater understanding of the minds of killers. Not only can this (hopefully) help us to prevent a young and abused child from becoming a killer, but it also helps us catch those who are at large.

And to call someone like this an animal is insulting to animals. I feel pretty sure that humans are the only animals that kill for pleasure.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club