I have to shake my head at a lot of the comments made in this thread, especially by some of those who consider themselves "Christians." All I've read is "KILL HIM KILL HIM KILL HIM!!!" Clearly, many of you have never taken a class on psychology. You think that good people do good things because they are good, and bad people do bad things because they are evil. I wish it were as simple as that, but it isn't. There is no justification for what this person did, but there are reasons for why people make the decisions they make.

And the "Fuck the guy who came up with the Lucifer Effect" comment is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I feel terrible for anybody who has lost somebody to a tragedy like this, but those who do suffer these tragedies tend to lose their rationality when it comes to what should be done with the people who commit these atrocities. If they can be studied and understood, one day, things like this may be preventable.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis