Original geschrieben von: pizzaboy
Original geschrieben von: stern49
You guys criticize other conservatives and Christians for being against gays, lesbians and abortions yet wish the new Pope the best....

Hmmmmm......

Well, haven't you heard, Stern? It's okay to hate the Catholic Church as long as it's in the name of liberal idealism rolleyes.

It's okay to say that ALL priests are pedophiles, but for some reason that's not profiling. But if you say that ALL Italians are mobsters, or ALL Irish are drunks, or ALL Jews are cheap, or All Blacks are lazy, or All Germans are Nazis, or ALL Muslims are terrorists, then it's an ugly stereotype. And don't get me wrong, it's dead wrong. But for some reason a lot of the far left crowd think that it's okay to stereotype the Church.

Typical far left hypocrisy. Hate reserved for the Catholic Church is okay because it's "progressive" hate.

I think you won't find hate speech here against the Catholic Church. Criticism yes. But hate?
And: There's a difference between people (priests, Italians, Jews, etc.) and an institution. To use one of your examples: I think that most people (including Catholics) would agree that the way that the Catholic Church dealt with the pedophile scandals in the last years was not very elegant. But if somebody points out this problem doesn't mean he says that every priest is a pedophile.