Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
I spent my entire childhood in Throggs Neck but I'm living up in White Plains right now, not too far away

Try La Manda'a on Tarrytown Road. The place is ancient but it's an old bookmaker's hangout. They don't hang out there anymore, but years ago the place was the suburban version of Frankie and Johnnie's. You could drink the day away and play the number one digit at a time back in the day. But that was before your time. No "bleeders" or "cut numbers" today.

Great food, and one of the only places where you can still get a trippa outside of those foodie fru fru fag joints in Manhattan. I ordered it at that Babbo once. They served it with a fucking fried egg on top and looked at me like I was the crazy one when I told them that Northern Italian food sucked. Mario Batali. Pfft. Red headed, half French Canadian phony. But that's another thread entirely.
Jesus Christ I grew up under the deer head at the bar! I highly recommend the Trippe appetizer and the Ravioli Parmigiana! The place really was a hangout back in the day(before my time even) but Its a classic place, as a kid almost every time I was up in westchester we ate thier with my grandparents,very old hool,PB I sent you a pm also

Last edited by TonyBoy117; 03/18/13 07:19 PM.