GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (MeyerLansky, 3 invisible), 442 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,444
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,434
Posts1,060,910
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #703886
03/18/13 04:59 PM
03/18/13 04:59 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
if you read my post after that one i was saying that i agree that street gangs just by the sheer number of them commit more crime. But the mob dont give a fuck either when innocent people get hurt by their own.

Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: NickyEyes1] #703889
03/18/13 05:04 PM
03/18/13 05:04 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Originally Posted By: ManGauge

Ive watched enough Mob documentaries to know that the whole "mobsters having values and morals" is pure B.S.

Also , why are you comparing young street gangs (majority of who's members range from 15 - 21 years ago) to mobsters who are in their 40,s and up?

Plus the little 8 month old that was shot in Chicago was not even the target. Her gangbanging father was. Very rarely if ever are children even the targets. They are just the collateral in the gang wars.
if you compare a more organized gang such as the BGF , you will see that they live by codes operate in a mafia-like fashion

Her not being the target doesn't matter she's still dead. That's not an excuse. This has happened many times and sometimes their even the targets. I hope this is a turning point and they finally do something to stop it. Everyone seems to be talking about mobsters in the past like the Colombo war, Chris Furnari, Gus Farace, ect. We're talking about today. The mob hasn't done anything as bad as street gangs do today.

Thats cause the street gangs are way more active than the mob but some of the stories i posted up are pretty recent. There are more than that but i cant think of them at the top of my head.

Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: Viceguy] #703904
03/18/13 06:02 PM
03/18/13 06:02 PM
AmericanCrime Offline
Capo
AmericanCrime  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Viceguy
Kudos to NS for kicking the argument up a higher level. The question answers itself though there's an unstated presumption is the way the original inquiry is posed. A self-evident setup. It get muddy tho when you introduce ethnic qualifiers then it takes on a whole different cast. Basically you're arguing apples and oranges as if they started out from the same seedling. They didn't. Sure both began in the dirt, but they're two different things. And any basis for comparison is totally arbitrary. Like asking who's the best dress.

Yeah agreed. These two breeds of criminals can hardly be compared. It's a general consensus that modern gangbangers have not just contempt for their rivals. But also so society as a whole. Mobsters on the other hand, I like to believe have a much more stable mentality on the whole at least. There are always exceptions to the rule.

I think this is largely due to upbringing. The thing that makes mobsters more attached to the "traditional values" of their peers is their environment. In the old Italian neighborhoods, community was a big part of life. Essentially they were united. There was solidarity therefore a sort of mental conformity in terms of what was acceptable or not to do. Clearly, family life was of great value. Therefore most mobsters left families out of the equation. And there was a general attitude of a concealed criminal life. Hence, why they called ordinary people; civilians. This and perhaps the ubiquitous of Catholic values in the neighborhood, even if the mobsters were Catholic by social convention and not beliefs. I think it had a majority to do with why they behave the way they do.

On the other hand. You have black ghettos. Which if you think back to when those communities were their strongest and most supporting. Back decades upon decades ago, you will notice that black gangsters back then were alot more sophisticated and acted more like mobsters then today's "gangstas." While there's alot of reasons for the decay of social fabric in most black neighborhoods. Most obviously drugs playing a role. But also the rate of children growing up fatherless with an unstable family life have certainly led to this mentality of lashing out at the world and a sort of unavoidable hatred or at least indifference for society.

Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: AmericanCrime] #703907
03/18/13 06:21 PM
03/18/13 06:21 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
gang bangers have a do or die mentality that mob guys have never had or at least haven't had in a long time. gangsta culture is one where you can't expect to live that long so you might as well live it large whilst you can.

Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: Scorsese] #703908
03/18/13 06:25 PM
03/18/13 06:25 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
I don´t know, but there was a time, being a Mafia member was a noble thing. Being part of something, they (the Mafia members) considerered larger than life. In some cases, it took years of schooling and traing before being admitted or being considered for membership. The Mafia was a "honored sociaty" because its members were honorable men, schooled and trained to obey its rules. By Mafia definition, being a honorable man meant being someone who dedicates his life to obedience, loyalty and respect. Living within the Mafia´s bounderies and adapting the rules of the Mafia made the member "mafioso", that is, a man who is strong, beautiful and admired. Honor, in their mind, was not only being able to stand up for themselves but also being able to protect the Mafia and its values. Most of this is gone today because the Mafia is now (and has been for 30 or 40 years even) essantially a product of the American society, not longer a Sicilian subculture directed by Sicilian mentality. But even today, in my mind and opinion, the Mafia can not be compared with American street gangs. Not only because of the difference in amount of violence and mayhem, but also because the street gangs are lacking tradition, discipline and respect.

[Linked Image]
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: HairyKnuckles] #703912
03/18/13 06:33 PM
03/18/13 06:33 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Most of this is gone today because the Mafia is now (and has been for 30 or 40 years even) essantially a product of the American society, not longer a Sicilian subculture directed by Sicilian mentality.

I think it's better that way. In Italy, where the mafia is less "americanized" and more traditional, they kill more people.
If the "sense of honor" requires that you necessarily kill the person you had an argument with or kill a relative of theirs, then it's definitely better if that "sense of honor" passes away.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #703913
03/18/13 06:40 PM
03/18/13 06:40 PM
So-Cal
vinnietoothpicks26 Offline
BANNED
vinnietoothpicks26  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
So-Cal
Tougher to hit them with the rico. Disorganized.

Frank Costello: Fucking rats. It's wearing me thin. Mr. French: Francis, it's a nation of fucking rats.
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #703920
03/18/13 06:53 PM
03/18/13 06:53 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
There's really a mix of replys that sum it all up. Environment, Age, and Society all is true. But all of you must remember that most of these street gangs started in middle class neighborhoods that descended into ghettos then you have members who are from middle class & honor students. Therefore, currently you can say that gang bangers mentality vary. If you have a chance just chat with them.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #703929
03/18/13 07:15 PM
03/18/13 07:15 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...
All this moral shit is wayyyy over my head

Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #703941
03/18/13 09:00 PM
03/18/13 09:00 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
Hairy, I usually like your posts-Im cringing a bit with embarressment reading your last one though....sounds like the start of a shit crime novel....!

Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #703947
03/18/13 10:04 PM
03/18/13 10:04 PM
J
JerseyShine Offline
Made Member
JerseyShine  Offline
J
Made Member
Black people act worse than Italian people, ask anyone who has lived near both. It is not exactly a state secret...

Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: JerseyShine] #703965
03/19/13 12:13 AM
03/19/13 12:13 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Really. Funny how when a street gang is mentioned the first image is a black gang, considering the fact street gang have all ethnicity involved in it. And I hope your realized that is quite a judgmental comment. Last time I check EVERYBODY have bad apples in their culture.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: fergie] #703981
03/19/13 04:40 AM
03/19/13 04:40 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: fergie
Hairy, I usually like your posts-Im cringing a bit with embarressment reading your last one though....sounds like the start of a shit crime novel....!

Sorry to have disappointed you... I guess what I wanted to convey was that back in the day, membership in the Mafia was considered, not only by the members of the Mafia but also by the ordinary neighborhood people outside of it, as honorable. Who can say today that membership with street gangs is honorable? Certainly not the local neighborhood people who are in the midst of these gangs.

[Linked Image]
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: NickyEyes1] #703986
03/19/13 05:18 AM
03/19/13 05:18 AM
S
stern49 Offline
Underboss
stern49  Offline
S
Underboss
Nicky Scrafz is right!!! These guys are all a bunch of lowlife creeps. Both gangbangers and mobsters. But the mobsters are a little bit more classier than your average latino or black street gang member. Just saying!

"We used to scrape these latino gangster punks off our shoes when I was a member of the Gambino's." - Dom Borgese

Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: HairyKnuckles] #703990
03/19/13 06:26 AM
03/19/13 06:26 AM
East US
Viceguy Offline
ManOnTheMake
Viceguy  Offline
ManOnTheMake
Made Member
East US
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
I don´t know, but there was a time, being a Mafia member was a noble thing. Being part of something, they (the Mafia members) considerered larger than life. In some cases, it took years of schooling and traing before being admitted or being considered for membership. The Mafia was a "honored sociaty" because its members were honorable men, schooled and trained to obey its rules. By Mafia definition, being a honorable man meant being someone who dedicates his life to obedience, loyalty and respect. Living within the Mafia´s bounderies and adapting the rules of the Mafia made the member "mafioso", that is, a man who is strong, beautiful and admired. Honor, in their mind, was not only being able to stand up for themselves but also being able to protect the Mafia and its values. Most of this is gone today because the Mafia is now (and has been for 30 or 40 years even) essantially a product of the American society, not longer a Sicilian subculture directed by Sicilian mentality. But even today, in my mind and opinion, the Mafia can not be compared with American street gangs. Not only because of the difference in amount of violence and mayhem, but also because the street gangs are lacking tradition, discipline and respect.

As always, Prof, spot on. Comparing a paramilitary ordered
homogeneous federation with a century or more of tradition and protocol with (not to, important!!!) a later day loose congregation of disparate adolecent outlaws is laughable.

N..... or no, bastard had balls, shame to kill him...
I got nuthin', I got nuthin...

Coming to bb is like going to the dollar store. You came for one thing, but once in now youse cant leave.
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #703998
03/19/13 08:52 AM
03/19/13 08:52 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
I'm not sure what's being argued here...

Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #704001
03/19/13 09:15 AM
03/19/13 09:15 AM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
They are all the same,criminals and scumbags.Mafia members are only smarter than street gangs.

And u can't compare mafia members in US and in Italy.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: Jimmy_Two_Times] #704003
03/19/13 09:19 AM
03/19/13 09:19 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Who's inherently more violent, Blacks or Italians.

That's all this thread is about and that's all this thread was created for, no matter how it's being phrased. They can sugarcoat it any way they want, call it a "sociological study of the motivations of street gangs vs Mafiosi", blah blah blah. But there's a racial agenda going on here. That's all this thread has been about since yesterday. And it better stop or another thread is going to close as fast as it opened.

And the answer to the question is scumbags are scumbags, whatever their color. Who's worse, the gangbanging racist who kills his teenage victim or the Mafiosi in Italy who were just convicted for kidnapping an 11 year old boy, torturing him for two years, strangling him to death, and dissolving his body in hot oil?

I certainly can't make that call because, like I said, they're both horrible. Scumbags are scumbags. Black or white. Wearing gang colors or Brioni.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: pizzaboy] #704006
03/19/13 09:44 AM
03/19/13 09:44 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
I think the whole street gangs vs mafia argument has been dealt with in a number of previous and lengthy threads.

Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: pizzaboy] #704008
03/19/13 09:49 AM
03/19/13 09:49 AM
East US
Viceguy Offline
ManOnTheMake
Viceguy  Offline
ManOnTheMake
Made Member
East US
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Who's inherently more violent, Blacks or Italians. That's all this thread is about

Cut to the bone.

Originally Posted By: Viceguy
there's an unstated presumption is the way the original inquiry is posed. A self-evident setup. It get muddy tho when you introduce ethnic qualifiers then it takes on a whole different cast.

PB said it better than me. I was just trying to be cool cool ...as always.

N..... or no, bastard had balls, shame to kill him...
I got nuthin', I got nuthin...

Coming to bb is like going to the dollar store. You came for one thing, but once in now youse cant leave.
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: pizzaboy] #704012
03/19/13 10:38 AM
03/19/13 10:38 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Who's inherently more violent, Blacks or Italians.

That's all this thread is about and that's all this thread was created for, no matter how it's being phrased. They can sugarcoat it any way they want, call it a "sociological study of the motivations of street gangs vs Mafiosi", blah blah blah. But there's a racial agenda going on here. That's all this thread has been about since yesterday. And it better stop or another thread is going to close as fast as it opened.

And the answer to the question is scumbags are scumbags, whatever their color. Who's worse, the gangbanging racist who kills his teenage victim or the Mafiosi in Italy who were just convicted for kidnapping an 11 year old boy, torturing him for two years, strangling him to death, and dissolving his body in hot oil?

I certainly can't make that call because, like I said, they're both horrible. Scumbags are scumbags. Black or white. Wearing gang colors or Brioni.

this

When Interpol?
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #704032
03/19/13 11:36 AM
03/19/13 11:36 AM
S
SnickersMagillicutti Offline OP
Made Member
SnickersMagillicutti  Offline OP
S
Made Member
lol some of these replies are rediculous. I understand fully that some of you want to be politically correct, but its not reality.

Its quite obvious that mafioso overall carry themselves in a much more professional manner in public than gang bangers. I mean would you rather do business with a man who dresses professionally, or an idiot who is wearing FUBU? Cmon guys.

Many mobsters in the past and present look like lawyers or CEO's of a Fortune 500 company. Not saying that what they do is justified, but cmon lets be serious. You can atleast be seen with them in public. A gang banger? No fucking way. You can actually talk about topics with substance with a mobster. They actually have a grasp on world issues of the current day. Many of them live in the suburbs now. They have become civilized in that sense. They even have families of their own and many of them have children who are going to college. This also makes them more sophisticated than your average gang banger.

Thats the difference. Gang bangers don't even know proper english.

Are you going to bring a Gangster deciple to dinner? You would be nuts. But a real mobster? You could have him sit at your table and people would actually welcome him with open arms. He would have the decency to dress well and actually pick up part of the tab or maybe even all of it.. Would a gang banger do that? Fuck no.

And you know what else? More than likely the owner of a nice restaurant would ask the gang banger to leave because they don't know how to behave in public, or even have enough respect of others to dress properly and be decent. Ever see a group of gang members in a restaurant? I have and its not a pretty site. So obnoxious and no respect one bit.

A mobster would get VIP treatment because they know their place and know how to act in a public setting. The gang banger would stick out like a sore thumb.

But to all of you who think that their attitudes are not very different, why don't you go invite a gang member to Thanksgiving dinner.

Good luck with that.

Last edited by SnickersMagillicutti; 03/19/13 11:49 AM.
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #704039
03/19/13 12:04 PM
03/19/13 12:04 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SnickersMagillicutti
lol some of these replies are rediculous. I understand fully that some of you want to be politically correct, but its not reality.

Its quite obvious that mafioso overall carry themselves in a much more professional manner in public than gang bangers. I mean would you rather do business with a man who dresses professionally, or an idiot who is wearing FUBU? Cmon guys.

Many mobsters in the past and present look like lawyers or CEO's of a Fortune 500 company. Not saying that what they do is justified, but cmon lets be serious. You can atleast be seen with them in public. A gang banger? No fucking way. You can actually talk about topics with substance with a mobster. They actually have a grasp on world issues of the current day. Many of them live in the suburbs now. They have become civilized in that sense. They even have families of their own and many of them have children who are going to college. This also makes them more sophisticated than your average gang banger.

Are you going to bring a Gangster deciple to dinner? You would be nuts. But a real mobster? You could have him sit at your table and people would actually welcome him with open arms. He would have the decency to dress well and actually pick up part of the tab or maybe even all of it.. Would a gang banger do that? Fuck no.

And you know what else? More than likely the owner of a nice restaurant would ask the gang banger to leave because they don't know how to behave in public, or even have enough respect of others to dress properly and be decent. Ever see a group of gang members in a restaurant? I have and its not a pretty site. So obnoxious and no respect one bit.

A mobster would get VIP treatment because they know their place and know how to act in a public setting. The gang banger would stick out like a sore thumb.

But to all of you who think that their attitudes are not very different, why don't you go invite a gang member to Thanksgiving dinner.

Good luck with that.

wow...just wow...i couldnt disagree more strongly

do you know any mobsters?

lets just say i know a few and MOST are scumbag lowlifes that would sell you out for a dollar

When Interpol?
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #704041
03/19/13 12:18 PM
03/19/13 12:18 PM
S
Made Member
S
Made Member
Who cares if they are scumbags. What they do is their business as long as they act pleasant in front of strangers.

They know how to act in public. You can invite them to dinner. They know how to dress. Gang bangers have the attitude that image does not matter. They would show up to a nice restaurant and cry discrimination cause they had a dress code. A mobster is not gonna do that. A mobster actually can speak proper english. They carry themselves with class in public! Gang members do not for some reason.

They are not civilized.

Thats the difference.

You are really gonna disagree with me on this one? Cause you will lose.

Last edited by SnickersMagillicutti; 03/19/13 12:22 PM.
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #704045
03/19/13 12:21 PM
03/19/13 12:21 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
you win man....good argument

When Interpol?
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #704048
03/19/13 12:23 PM
03/19/13 12:23 PM
S
Made Member
S
Made Member
I'm just saying that the way the two carry themselves in a public setting is totally different. You can't argue with that no matter what.

Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #704058
03/19/13 12:41 PM
03/19/13 12:41 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss

Good luck with that.

FUBU hasn't been worn by anybody (gangmembers included) for 10 yrs

not too mention that ten years ago when gangmembers were wearing fubu everything functioned through a chain of command. you weren't allowed to do much without getting the permission

you speaking in the same cliche manner that current gangmembers act in

Last edited by cookcounty; 03/19/13 12:42 PM.
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: cookcounty] #704061
03/19/13 12:47 PM
03/19/13 12:47 PM
S
Made Member
S
Made Member
Originally Posted By: cookcounty

Good luck with that.

FUBU hasn't been worn by anybody (gangmembers included) for 10 yrs

not too mention that ten years ago when gangmembers were wearing fubu everything functioned through a chain of command. you weren't allowed to do much without getting the permission

you speaking in the same cliche manner that current gangmembers act in

You are living in denial if you think thatt gang members dress and act the same as mobsters in public from an overall standpoint.

Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #704063
03/19/13 12:48 PM
03/19/13 12:48 PM
B
BaltimoreSteel69 Offline
Button
BaltimoreSteel69  Offline
B
Button

Interesting discussion.

"Some of those guys, they didn't go off their blocks. They wouldn't go out of their own neighborhoods-I'm talking for fifty years." - Henry Hill
Re: Comparing the attitudes of gang bangers vs mafioso [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #704065
03/19/13 12:52 PM
03/19/13 12:52 PM
S
Made Member
S
Made Member
lol it is funny this topic has gone so far.

People trying to justify a gang banger compared to a real mobster. LOL That is fucking funny.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull