Originally Posted By: Skinny
No i agree. Fuckin moron got 100k when he turned 18, hes 22 now and dead broke. Hes living paycheck to paycheck.... Ur frat sounds like one of the cheaper ones tho. I rushed at rutgers, and went to some partys at bk college. Not worth it, imo, i just never got into it.

Yea, we had a nice endowment which we used to cover most of our main overhead like maintenance for our house,etc so we didnt need to charge so much for dues which was a good thing. We were very restrictive with membership we only allowed new members in once a year and it was a very rigorous process, we did lots of vetting. We were the guys who ran all the political positons on campus, trustees, govt president, club presidents, etc.

There was this other frat on campus. It was the "my daddy runs a hedge fund/we have to snort a bed laid out with coke over a wkn" frat. Apparently one of the requirements to join them was you had to provide proof of at least $150K in a bank account/trust fund in your name that you own and/or have a house on Nantucket.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.