Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
So now you think Fredo had his guys do it? As if they would follow him in an attempt to take out the boss? And whatever happened to these co-conspirators?

I didn't say that I now believe that Fredo had his guys to do it, nor have I ever said that I believed it was Fredo doing it alone. Any of his guys who could have helped him would have been aware that support came from Hyman Roth, Johnny Ola and perhaps some factions in New York. Michael hadn't exactly won the popularity contest by killing all the other Dons. There was a lot of bad blood and I'm sure there were many who wanted to see him out of the picture. Fredo, no matter the extent of his involvement, was nothing more than a pawn.

Quote:
See how exaggerated and out there some of your guys' theories get? You guys come up with these insane scenarios and then have to do all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify them.

Maybe you should just stick to real-life organized crime, using the FBI's statements and statistics and playing it safe. This part of the forum is dedicated to theorizing and debate, 'insane scenarios' or not. Take it or leave it.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."