Well, as someone said we should hardly expected a "Blue State Pope." I am sure they will evolve on women's and gay issues, celibacy, birth control and abortion someday but not in the near future.

My first impression of him was favorable. I liked him dismissing the prissy aides telling him what to say, and I liked his request that the crown in St. eter's have a moment of silence before he blessed them. His track record of living simply, riding the bus to work, and doing away with all the frills Benedict liked so much is a good symbolic start.

One hopes he sweeps the curia clean, opens up on the child molestation issue, and maybe sells off some of the Vatican treasure to reubild parishes and schools that have had to close over the years. He should also use the Church's wealth to compensate all te abuse victims because the average catholic should not be putting money in the collection plate to further the cover up. He also needs transparence with the Vatican Bank.

Benedict XVI will go down as the George W. Bush of popes.

And BTW I think the most popes are named John, and I think Leo is a close second.

So now we have had two "firsts" in our lifetimes as Popes. John Paul I and now Francis I.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."