Originally posted by Justin:
For me, I would have liked to see how Tom's relationship with Michael has progressed. (...) All in all, I would have moved heaven and earth to get Duvall in the film.
2 points i´d absolutely subscribe.
i once read in the Godfather book by Peter Cowie that a possible GF III plot WITH Duvall in it would´ve involved a battle of wits between Mike and Tom on different sides, which intriGued me to no end. Tom was loyal to the Corleone family mostly due to Vito and Sonny, and with them Gone he could have moved aGainst Michael.

I would´ve liked to see Tom finally standinG up aGainst the family that has used him all this time (nooo offence aGainst Michael here, but imaGine that plotline!).

Of course he would´ve lost, but what a way to Go (heart attack! i beG you!)

BTW what did Tom do to deserve such a dull son?! i always thouGht Father Andrew was nothinG but a lame excuse for brinGinG back at least a little bit of Tom, but what a failure. while his dad was considerate and reserved, Andrew was nothinG but dull, dull, DULL. his father never was.

if they would´ve kept Tom the real deal, they could´ve saved the money on that little priest.

sorry, but i always meant to say this somewhere mad

i was so sad about the way they Gave us the kids in Part III

"i understand you have to deal with a lot of people who try to seem more important than they are. In my case the reverse is true." -Tom Hagen