Originally Posted By: Skinny
Who stole from like a police union pension fund? Hahahaha thats the only ways these guys can fight back

That was the Colombos, including Frank Persico, back in the big June 2001 case that charged members and associates of all the NY families. They were using kickbacks to skim from te Detective’s Endowment Association, as well as Production Workers Local 400 and Operating Engineers Local 137.

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
The amalgamated thing

Amalgamated Carpenters & Joiners Union

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Laborers local 6A I think was taken over by the lucchese and gambino families btw

As I said above, the FBI memo said a representative from the Gambino family met with a Lucchese captain and some soldiers to discuss taking it over. I guess time will tell if it happened or not.

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Yeah where are the Bonannos? They have to have at least a couple union's

Most of the Bonanno family's union involvement didn't continue past the 1960's, which coincidentally enough, was when Joe Bonanno was kicked out and the family had a lot of internal problems. From then on, the family always seemed to be on the outside as far as the unions, including ones involving multiple families, were concerned. The only exceptions were Teamsters Local 814 (the Movers Union) , which they lost control of after an indictment came down in the 1980's, and the rackets they had at the NY Post, which included the union that represented the newspaper delivery drivers. In recent years, the Bonannos have had some involvement with a few construction companies here and there but really nothing to do with the unions themselves.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/08/13 07:14 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.