Alright cool thread idea Don V.

Top Five Bands:
1. Talking Heads-most influential band of the past 20 years, they NEVER made a bad album. Their masterpiece, Remain in Light, is simply unbelievable. It is ften considered one of the best albums of all time.

2. Pink Floyd-great talent, hugely influential, and they made some awesome music. Dark Side of the Moon is undoubtedly one of the best albums ever.

3. The Clash-arguable the best early punk band, although of course a case can be made for the Sex Pistols or Ramones. London Calling is amazing, and most of their other albums are great too.

4. Jimi Hendrix Experience-although short lived, they made some of the best music ever. Are you experienced and Axis: Bold as Love are both stellar albums. To top it all off, they have one of the best guitarists of all time in Jimi Hendrix.

5. Grateful Dead-Jerry Garcia is another awesome guitarist, and the rest of the band was good too. Great at improvisation, and they wrote some awesome lyrics to go along with it all (just for the record, I'm not a deadhead, nor do I use acid or any other drug :p )

Other great bands: The Beatles, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, The Who, Led Zepplin, Barenaked Ladies, Green Day

Top Songs (I'll do it like Don V.)

1. The Great Curve, Houses in Motion, Once in a Lifetime, And She Was, Television Man, Don't Worry About the Government, Psycho Killer, Stay Hungry, Tentative Decisions, Making Flippy Floppy, Girlfriend is Better, Burning Down the House, I get wild/wild gravity, I Zimbra, Cities

2. Wish You Were Here, the Great Gig in the Sky, Welcome to the Machine, Have a Cigar, Comfortably Numb, Money, Another Brick in the Wall (pt. 2)

3. London Calling, Rudie Can't Fail, Koka Kola, This is Radio Clash, Rock the Casbah, White Riot, I fought the Law, Death or Glory, Tommy Gun

4. Hey Joe, Purple Haze, The Wind Cries Mary, Bold As Love, Voodoo Child, Are You Experienced, All Along the Watchtower

5. Friend of the Devil, Casey Jones, Golden Road (to unlimited devotion), One More Saturday Night, Touch of Grey, Mexicali Blues, Truckin

Top Albums:

1. Remain in Light-Talking Heads
2. Speaking in Tongues-Talking Heads
3. Stop Making Sense-Talking Heads
4. Dark Side of the Moon-Pink Floyd
5. The Wall-Pink Floyd
6. London Calling-The Clash
7. The Clash-The Clash
8. Are You Experienced-Jimi Hendrix Experience
9. Axis: Bold As Love-Jimi Hendrix Experience
10. Skeletons From the Closet-Best of Grateful Dead