GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 441 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,447
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,435
Posts1,060,921
Members10,349
Most Online992
04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #702458
03/12/13 07:25 PM
03/12/13 07:25 PM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss
What will the Wonder Boy do when Baudanza and his in-laws the Cutaia's get out? Will he still retain power?

Sorry but Chicago Outfit is by far the most low-key family equaled only by the Genovese. These are two families where retiring wealthy and relatively unknown to the general public and without serious criminal charges are still realistic.

On that subject, whose mob crew did Danny Leo come up in? Also is Bellomo out of the game?

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #702460
03/12/13 07:35 PM
03/12/13 07:35 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Bellomo and Leo are both in, they basically run the show. Baudanza is out, Stevie Wonder's doing his thing probably and as for the Cutaia's Sal and the other one get out in a few years. Danny gets out in October, but apparently he's out of his mind now. Not in good health. He might not make it.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: ChiTown] #702461
03/12/13 07:39 PM
03/12/13 07:39 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: ChiTown
What will the Wonder Boy do when Baudanza and his in-laws the Cutaia's get out? Will he still retain power?

Sorry but Chicago Outfit is by far the most low-key family equaled only by the Genovese. These are two families where retiring wealthy and relatively unknown to the general public and without serious criminal charges are still realistic.

On that subject, whose mob crew did Danny Leo come up in? Also is Bellomo out of the game?

Stevie will hold onto his power. That crew is in better shape today today it has been in years. End of story.

Danny is from East Harlem. Came up with the Purple gang.

Barney is still one of the top guys. Maybe THE top guy with the Westside.

No argument that Chicago was low key in its heyday. But I'm not one of the people who sees them as especially viable today. But I'll just agree to disagree with you there smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #702464
03/12/13 08:06 PM
03/12/13 08:06 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
PB isn't Danny Cutaia like completely nuts now?

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: ChiTown] #702469
03/12/13 08:45 PM
03/12/13 08:45 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss

they don't understand how corrupt illinois really is

plus they think the syndicate just completely evaporated overnight

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #702478
03/12/13 09:42 PM
03/12/13 09:42 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Damn it now we have two of them

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: Skinny] #702480
03/12/13 09:52 PM
03/12/13 09:52 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: Skinny

lol

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: ChiTown] #702484
03/12/13 10:28 PM
03/12/13 10:28 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

What crew Leo originated from is still in doubt. It's active in the same geographic area Bellomo's is. But there was never a record of Leo being a captain before he was identified as the acting boss in 2006. The FBI said that he went from his position on the ruling panel to acting boss. They also said he had been one of the top guys for some time, assisting in making ceremonies, etc.

In 2009, a news article said Bellomo was on a "rotating panel" of recently released senior leaders running the family; the others included Benny Mangano, Ernie Muscarella, and Larry Dentico.

Originally Posted By: cookcounty

That's just it. You shouldn't equate general corruption in Illinois with the Outfit.

The fact that you have to make up a false, straw man argument is telling. Nobody ever said the Outfit evaporated overnight. But some do recognize the toll the last 30 years have taken; in terms of indictments as well as general attrition. Others apparently still think it's 1970.

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

lol

I'd be willing bet I've dealt with one, if not both, of these guys over on the RD forum. whistle

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/12/13 10:29 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: Scalish] #702495
03/12/13 11:47 PM
03/12/13 11:47 PM
S
stern49 Offline
Underboss
stern49  Offline
S
Underboss

Pittsburgh mob from 2012. They are long gone.

Made members

Thomas "Sonny" Ciancutti – took over Kelly Mannarino's New Kensington gambling rackets. In 2002, Ciancutti was given probation for controlling gambling operations in Allegheny and Fayette counties.
Robert "Bobby I" Iannelli – controls a sports bookmaking operation; he also took over Tony Grosso's old numbers and illegal gambling operation.
Geno "Eugene" Chiarelli – was released from prison in 2008
Mauro P. Matone - some guy with username ICB claims he was never made but there's solid proof he was indeed made

Associates

John Francis "Duffy" Conley Jr. – controlled an illegal video poker machine ring in Pittsburgh. In 2006, Conley was arrested for running illegal gambling operations.
Ralph "Big Head" Maselli – controls gambling operations in Pittsburgh
John V. "Johnny A" Adams – controls gambling operations in Pittsburgh
Christopher Paul Hankish
Salvatore A. "Sonny" Williams
John Leone

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: IvyLeague] #702518
03/13/13 07:23 AM
03/13/13 07:23 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

What crew Leo originated from is still in doubt. It's active in the same geographic area Bellomo's is. But there was never a record of Leo being a captain before he was identified as the acting boss in 2006. The FBI said that he went from his position on the ruling panel to acting boss. They also said he had been one of the top guys for some time, assisting in making ceremonies, etc.

In 2009, a news article said Bellomo was on a "rotating panel" of recently released senior leaders running the family; the others included Benny Mangano, Ernie Muscarella, and Larry Dentico.

That's just it. You shouldn't equate general corruption in Illinois with the Outfit.

The fact that you have to make up a false, straw man argument is telling. Nobody ever said the Outfit evaporated overnight. But some do recognize the toll the last 30 years have taken; in terms of indictments as well as general attrition. Others apparently still think it's 1970.

lol

I'd be willing bet I've dealt with one, if not both, of these guys over on the RD forum. whistle

i've never said the syndicate runs all the crime in this corrupt state

that would be like me saying that rockford ain't out in the sticks

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: cookcounty] #702538
03/13/13 08:33 AM
03/13/13 08:33 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

lol

i've never said the syndicate runs all the crime in this corrupt state

that would be like me saying that rockford ain't out in the sticks

He didn't say ALL either but you're comment seemed to suggest that Illonois being a corrupt State is in some way related to the outfit.

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: IvyLeague] #702548
03/13/13 10:37 AM
03/13/13 10:37 AM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss

lol

lol so Joe Fosco...whose father was a mobster and whose entire family and social network exist around the Chicago Outfit and was extorted by them himself has no credibility.

But a WASP from Utah who has never been near a big city (nor Italians) in his life does.

I gloss over your posts big guy...I'm sure a few people read them but I would assume most do not. Remember that next time before you waste your time.

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: ChiTown] #702550
03/13/13 10:48 AM
03/13/13 10:48 AM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
lol so Joe Fosco...whose father was a mobster and whose entire family and social network exist around the Chicago Outfit and was extorted by them himself has no credibility.

But a WASP from Utah who has never been near a big city (nor Italians) in his life does.

I gloss over your posts big guy...I'm sure a few people read them but I would assume most do not. Remember that next time before you waste your time.

using someone's knowledge of what used to be...check

playing the geography card...check

inserting personal insult to further your claim...check

you have a real bad case of fanboyitis my friend, but don't worry, there's an easy cure, and you can administer it yourself. take a 9mm pain pill, and one should be enough to cure you for good.

Last edited by Five_Felonies; 03/13/13 10:48 AM.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: Five_Felonies] #702552
03/13/13 10:59 AM
03/13/13 10:59 AM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies

you have a real bad case of fanboyitis my friend, but don't worry, there's an easy cure, and you can administer it yourself. take a 9mm pain pill, and one should be enough to cure you for good.

You forgot to upload picture of your fist?

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: ChiTown] #702553
03/13/13 11:04 AM
03/13/13 11:04 AM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
You forgot to upload picture of your fist?

my fist is just as powerful as any politicians in the state. it flies under the radar and stays in my pocket all the time, but believe me its there.

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: Camarel] #702737
03/13/13 10:29 PM
03/13/13 10:29 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Camarel
He didn't say ALL either but you're comment seemed to suggest that Illonois being a corrupt State is in some way related to the outfit.

Bingo.

What is it with you guys and your lack of reading comprehension? I didn't say anything about Fosco. I was talking about the guy who made that blog entry we're discussing.

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies

Like I said before, it's the same script over and over with these guys.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #702805
03/14/13 10:12 AM
03/14/13 10:12 AM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss
PB isn't Danny Cutaia like completely nuts now?

Expand on that. Are you talking Danny or Domenico?

Also does anyone know what crew Daniel Leo originated out of?

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #702806
03/14/13 10:14 AM
03/14/13 10:14 AM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
rolleyes

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: IvyLeague] #705397
03/23/13 07:37 PM
03/23/13 07:37 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
[quote=IvyLeague][quote=stern49]Ones still operating

As a viable family, Pittsburgh is gone. You won't find it on any FBI list of remaining mob families in over a decade. And there hasn't really been substantial ongoing activity since the 1990's. There would only be a handful of members still alive, at most, anyway. As we know, NY barred them from making new members years ago. To dismiss all this, and say they're just flying under the radar, could also be used to argue the Denver or Dallas families are still around.

ivy league my friend please stop using public fbi records as definitive evidence. it is an extremely mild indicator. firstly this is just what they make public (they may be trying to make family members in pitts think they are extinct so they let their guard down or just to offend them) secondly if the fbi hasnt convicted them recently or for a longish time that means they are working like a mob family are meant to.
i reckon there is still a small mob presence here and im sure new members have been inducted within the last few decades. there are still players with small gambling operations that bring in decent coin. but is it on a large o.c level - probably not. but hey im still interested lol.

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #705404
03/23/13 07:50 PM
03/23/13 07:50 PM
So-Cal
vinnietoothpicks26 Offline
BANNED
vinnietoothpicks26  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
So-Cal
Genovese family is the most low key, I mean sheesh, nobody knows who is running that family. The lion? Bellomo? Thats the definition of a low key family. Number 2 I would say Lucchese. The wonder boy has maintained a very low key presence since his release in 2006 and even prior to that. For a longtime high ranking organized crime figure, hes done a very small amount of time. Other than that I would mabye say the decalvacante family, just because since they got destroyed you havent heard of anything federal going down.

Last edited by vinnietoothpicks26; 03/23/13 07:51 PM.

Frank Costello: Fucking rats. It's wearing me thin. Mr. French: Francis, it's a nation of fucking rats.
Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: streetbossliborio] #705437
03/23/13 08:34 PM
03/23/13 08:34 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: streetbossliborio
ivy league my friend please stop using public fbi records as definitive evidence. it is an extremely mild indicator. firstly this is just what they make public (they may be trying to make family members in pitts think they are extinct so they let their guard down or just to offend them) secondly if the fbi hasnt convicted them recently or for a longish time that means they are working like a mob family are meant to.
i reckon there is still a small mob presence here and im sure new members have been inducted within the last few decades. there are still players with small gambling operations that bring in decent coin. but is it on a large o.c level - probably not. but hey im still interested lol.

there is ONE made guy left that is still semi-active with a handful of associates kicking up some gambling proceeds to him. please, try and find one credible source that will state otherwise. they have been barred from making new guys for a while now, and there hasn't been a peep out of that town in a long while now. the fbi isn't foolproof, but they are a good barometer for activity.

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: streetbossliborio] #705439
03/23/13 08:36 PM
03/23/13 08:36 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

What the feds say holds a lot more water than what posters on an internet forum say. I'll never understand people who think they have the luxury of just taking or leaving official information. It's delusional. The Pittsburgh family is no more. That's a fact.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/23/13 08:37 PM.

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #705444
03/23/13 08:59 PM
03/23/13 08:59 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
yes a good barometer i agree but certainly not definitive. they have a large pool of recruits and what do we know about the bars made on them making new guys? if this bar was put in place meant there was enough youngsters that were a threat of being made - meaning that there is italian oc. i dont think it disappeared within a decade. its just not on the same league as the other survivors.

do u really think there is not an italian oc group in the whole of pittsburgh due to fbi busts?? and you are saying to believe everything the authorities say as gospel? cmonnnnnn

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: streetbossliborio] #705452
03/23/13 10:17 PM
03/23/13 10:17 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

yes a good barometer i agree but certainly not definitive. they have a large pool of recruits and what do we know about the bars made on them making new guys? if this bar was put in place meant there was enough youngsters that were a threat of being made - meaning that there is italian oc. i dont think it disappeared within a decade. its just not on the same league as the other survivors.

do u really think there is not an italian oc group in the whole of pittsburgh due to fbi busts?? and you are saying to believe everything the authorities say as gospel? cmonnnnnn

Because of attrition, the family has only a few members left at most. There's been very little in the way of activity over the past decade. The feds don't recognize a family there anymore. If there was, they would still be going after them and making cases. What else do you need to know?

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #705557
03/24/13 01:59 PM
03/24/13 01:59 PM
F
FriedRavioliFarts Offline
Made Member
FriedRavioliFarts  Offline
F
Made Member

Didn't the Feds say for years that the Cleveland family was dead? Haven't they made new members over the years. Still small but haven't they got about 10 -15 guys now or no?

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: FriedRavioliFarts] #705565
03/24/13 02:08 PM
03/24/13 02:08 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: FriedRavioliFarts

Didn't the Feds say for years that the Cleveland family was dead? Haven't they made new members over the years. Still small but haven't they got about 10 -15 guys now or no?

i think there was a time somewhere in the 90's where it was thought that the family had no made guys left outside of prison. i'm not sure when they last made anybody over there, maybe someone else here is. i think the best thing a group like the cleveland remnants could ever hope for is to find a small gambling niche and keep it very quiet. still, all of the rust belt cities have been hit real hard by the recession, and unless the guys there become the iron chefs of crack cocaine, all remaining remnants will fade away in the next decade.

Last edited by Five_Felonies; 03/24/13 02:09 PM.

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: FriedRavioliFarts] #705566
03/24/13 02:16 PM
03/24/13 02:16 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge

Rudy Fratto was involved with Cleveland proving Cleveland is still active and are involved with Chicago.

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #705570
03/24/13 02:24 PM
03/24/13 02:24 PM
Chicagoland
SgWaue86 Offline
Capo
SgWaue86  Offline
Capo
Chicagoland
I think that was more a less a couple of individuals connected out of Clevland that Billy D owed money too, and not so much a family.

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: SnickersMagillicutti] #705577
03/24/13 02:37 PM
03/24/13 02:37 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Not a family. More of a small crew of guys out in cleveland I'd say

Re: Lowest Key family currently. [Re: FriedRavioliFarts] #705614
03/24/13 05:55 PM
03/24/13 05:55 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

It's under 10 remaining members now.

Originally Posted By: SgWaue86
I think that was more a less a couple of individuals connected out of Clevland that Billy D owed money too, and not so much a family.

Exactly. Fratto dealing with some guys there doesn't mean there's anything approaching a formally structured, viable family.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull