Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Just for the record, I support the second amendment along with some rational restrictions to its use. Personally, I plan to legally own a firearm at some point in the future.

some interesting stats, thanks for sharing. i will caution however, that comparing countries with different cultures made up of vastly different ethnic groups can get tricky, as there are so many different variables to take into account, not the least of which are the ways the data is collected, as well as the definitions of different crimes, as these tend to vary alot more than you would think even in similar countries such as the us and uk.

another thing to take into account with regards to the us and uk is the rate of firearms ownership. if you have a vastly higher % of gun ownership here, then our numbers are going to be higher by default, despite adjusting for population. its not much different than saying the us has a much higher % of auto accidents/fatalities compared to say eithiopia, as we undoubtably have both more cars both in numbers and per capita.

Crime data along with other law enforcement data is generally collected and reported the same way in both the us and uk as they both use internationally accepted ways of data collection advocated by the united nations, ngos, and research institutions. Some interesting stats for sure in the infographics above.Hope all is well.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 03/03/13 10:06 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.