Originally Posted By: Danito
Originally Posted By: RichieAnimal
I live in NYC it could take the police more then 20 minutes if you call them .

If a person gets caught with a gun in Berlin what can happen to them?

If you wanted to buy an illegal gun in Berlin how would you get one? Would you go through the Turkish community. How about getting heroin sometimes we all need our fixes.

One last question. What if I wanted to play stickball on what is left of the Berlin wall. Let's say I wanted to play opposite the old Ghestopo head quarters that I understand is still in Berlin. But the building has another function now of course.

Bu there is an active street with traffic between the wall and the building. Would the cops hassle me or could I talk or buy my way out of being arrested if I got caught.

I'm not really sure what your questions have to do with what I posted, but I try to give you an answer:

1) If you're caught with a gun, it depends if you have a license. If you're involved in illegal trade with guns you can land max. 5 years behind bars. There are 60,000 registered guns in the city (3,5 million inhabitants). Those guns belong to hunters, money transporters, sport shooters. (Not counting police and other security people). Apart from that only 350 people own registered guns.

2) I don't know where I'd have to go to look for illegal guns.

3) The former headquarter of the Gestapo is a museum now. I don't know what would happen if you wanted to play stickball there. Why would somebody above the age of 14 want to do that? The museum is abou 1,000 meters away from where the Berlin wall used to be. There are very few parts left of the Berlin wall. Only this morning some of the parts (known as the East Side Gallery) had been torn down, because some investor wants to build there. Stickball? No problem. Just check out that the ball doesn't fall into the river. But what does that have to do with guns?

Well I am moving to Berlin in may or so. I have a grandson there. The gun think us I can't be without a gun. So if I can't get one legally I will get one illegally. I am pretty sure I can get one in the Turkish community. I knew tge answer before I asked the question.

On stick ball I grew up playing stickball. When I first went to Berlin I wanted to play off that spot and my family was going to play against my daughter husband family. I was going to put it on YouTube and show it to my east Harlem and Brooklyn friends.

But when I got there both sides of tge family punked out. They were afraid of getting pinched if we did it on a well traveled area. I was very disappointed, but I have not given up on the idea that's why.

What about buying heroin there? smile

Only the unloved hate