Posted on another site, but it is an interesting read on this subject for sure:

The Statue of Liberty is kaput

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The line from Saving Private Ryan seemed apt for this thread. I have read a lot over the past few months on THR and given my European perspective I just wanted to add something to the debate.

You have to do everything possible to prevent the further infringement on the iconic American right that is the right to keep and bear arms.

Firearms legislation is all about one word and that word is Control with a capital C. It removes the individual's natural right to be able to defend themselves and their families. The goal to make you completely and utterly 100% reliant upon the government. There is no question that RKBA is a true litmus test of trust between those who govern and those who elect them to office.

We are restricted here in numerous ways but broadly it is done by each generation as the technocrats in the EU think long term. Each successive generation is conditioned to accept more restrictions/more costs/more rules of law until you go from a completely free society to complete reliance upon government for anything related to firearms. They think long term.

As a European I have zero rights to use a firearm for defense. I can only use it for hunting or sporting purposes, it was not always like this within this country. The Czech Republic has carry laws but I have no doubt over the decade(s) to come they will be completely eradicated to align with broader EU standards. There is no space for the natural right of self-defense of the individual within the EU collective. Every state must be molded to comply with the desires of non-elected technocrats in Brussels. They think long term....it is all for the collective good.

I cannot even acquire an air rifle/pistol without government approval - everything is licensed/registered/approved. It did not begin that way but once they started registration it was only a question of time. Eventually registration and consequently licensing/approval became mandatory for everything. They think long term.

Financial costs.
I know people who have stopped shooting because the cost of compliance was simply too high both financially and also from all the paperwork and approvals one requires just to target shoot as a pastime.

Before I pay a single cent on acquiring a new firearm here I am looking at USD 116,11....

EUR 20
My European license must be updated.

EUR 50
This is the going rate for updating my national license and having firearms added to it.

EUR 18
I have to go to a photographer and get photos taken "professionally"...i.e. photos placed within the stationary of the photographer. My wife has all the gear to take the same photos, 5k worth of photography equipment which can get the same result....but they are not accepted.

I then have mandatory club membership on an annual basis along with renewing both licenses, both are up for renewal next year. The rising cost of compliance prohibits new shooters to join the sport and inevitably each generation has less and less knowledge/familiarity with firearms. Overall, less people have firearms. They think long term.

Also, there is no legal definition set as to the number of firearms one can own in this country but it is restricted by the head of the firearms department here to a given number. Try and imagine having the number of firearms you own restricted by the whims of a government official. Nobody can afford to take the government to court to point this out, my wife is a lawyer and she laughed at the idea.

In most European countries they banned certain types of firearms or grandfathered them. It is the same thing with a timestamp on the latter. Each successive generation has less until they wake up one day looking like the U.K. It took them less than 100 years to do it. They think long term.

The RKBA underpins liberty and so you all need to do everything possible to try and preserve your right, the RKBA for your childrens' children. You need to start thinking long term too.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!