Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Originally Posted By: FaticoWestIslip
Good ole Charley Wagons, the original JFK hijacker. So he plead guilty to theft in a JFK theft case. I belive he got 5 years in prison, and Gotti quickly took over as Capo of the Bergin crew. I always wondered what Fatico did in the those ten years after he was released from Prison. He didnt die until 1991. I always assumed he retired, but wondered if he still had some rackets on the DL.

Its funny you should ask that. Even though Gotti took over the crew Paul only made him actng capo he didnt make him an official capo which pissed off gotti to no end. The Fatico brothers were still involved even though gotti was acting capo. In fact when neil was arrested in 79 for loansharking and a murder charge it was fatico who suggested whacking Neil co-defendent in that case and after that was done neil got a hung jury

actually it was fatico who made gotti acting capo of his crew when gotti and angelo ruggiero were released from prison in 72, gotti wasnt officially made until 77 when he was immediately promoted to official capo by castellano to replace fatico.

You misunderstood dude. i wasnt talking about the early 70's. I already knew that Gotti was made acting capo even before he was made in 72/73. I was talking about after Gotti got paroles in 77 and fatico was semi-retired. Big Paul never made gotti an official capo even though he controlled the crew

i know i was just stating a brief history of the decade, and for the record big paul did make gotti official capo after he got paroled in 77. gotti then reported directly to neil which was one of the concessions given by big paul to keep neil as underboss,under gotti the bergin crew was the biggest moneymaker out of all of the crews that reported to neil

detailed info on this can be found in the gambino book written by john davis specifically page 185

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 02/24/13 04:34 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.