Originally Posted By: FriedRavioliFarts

I am yet to see any report on the Outfit from the FBI that correctly explains the Chicago hierarchy on how Aiuppa restructed the Outfit including such terms as extended crew, franchise, power base etc. Could you please provide some examples on how they have been right relative to wrong?

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you mention "extended crew," "franchise," "power base," etc. At some point, though I don't recall if it was when Aiuppa was boss, the Outfit did add the position of "area boss." It was basically an extra layer in the hierarchy. You had the administration, the area bosses who oversaw a given territory, and the individual crew bosses within that territory. That said, I don't think this set up exists anymore.

Quote:
"I am Joe Lombardo. I have been released on parole from Federal prison. I never took a secret oath with guns and daggers, pricked my finger, drew blood or burned paper to join a criminal organization. If anyone hears my name in connection with any criminal activity please notify the FBI, local police and my parole officer, Ron Kumke."

Ironically, Lombardo was probably telling the truth; at least in reference to him never going through the ceremony.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 02/24/13 02:18 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.