Originally Posted By: cookcounty
how can you judge activity if you don't know certain particulars?

Particulars like, as you mentioned, what towns the Outfit operates in. I actually do know a lot of them, from both articles and indictments on the Chicago mob, but I wouldn't need to in order to be aware of the general state of things.

Quote:
and you're a goddamn idiot if you think the italians aren't involved in construction in chicago, or that they don't contracts. the difronzos had a company that were rehabbing or doing something around those lines with the chicago public school system

The DiFronzos certainly are involved in construction. They're the first example that always comes up. There's been several news stories on them and the contracts they've gotten in recent years. But there aren't many examples beyond that, though I'm sure some other members and associates also are involved. There actually seems to be more Outfit involvement in the trucking business today than in construction.

Quote:
illinois is far more of a crooked atmosphere than new york

Don't equate general corruption in Illionis, or Chicago itself, to the Outfit.

Quote:
use common sense instead of wishful thinking

I have no reason to use wishful thinking. I have no dog in this fight. It makes it easy for me to look at this without any bias or agenda.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.