Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
SgWaue86,

Yes, great speaking with you as well. The guys who think the Outfit is stronger than ever, etc. are crazy.

I would definitely agree about it being "wide open." I once asked Fosco how, if you don't have guys like Harry Aleman running around killing people every 10 minutes, the Outfit prevents other people from starting books, etc. My exact question was: "Why can't a kid with a cell phone just set up a book?" He said that there are people who do that but that nobody gets paid, which is what keeps the Outfit bookies in business. (ie the other guys are amateurs and don't have a big enough bank.) I suppose that sounds plausible.

Ha... it would be an interesting experiment, to see if you could just set up a book somewhere around town, or put money on the street. I would guess that nobody would f**k with you, but who knows.

I have no way of knowing but I would guess it would be like, if you tried to open a book in Bridgeport, you would hear from someone. If you tried to do it in Lincoln Park? Probably not.

But I really don't know.

I could set up shop this day in jersey, Jersey not chicago, and i wouldnt worry about getting a visit. And i live 10 min from Tony Sopranos house, to give u a picture... Who gets shaken down? Dumb ass bookies who play gangster. If u control the limits of ur guys u dont have to get tough or worry about them paying.... If ur worrying, they are worrying. Thats how u get caught, bettors run to the cops or a made dude. And ur fuckeddddd.... There are several low key books in NJ. Not all are small either! Makes me wanna make book in south philly! Tell those marmondano brothers to kiss my ass...