Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: icegoodbarbPresident
Bonanno's and Lucchese's both have around or over 100 made members while Chicago has only 30 made members and the Bonanno's and Lucchese's have had more indictments meaning there more active and involved in more crimes than the outfit so I don't see how thats plausible. Chicago is more on the level of new england and philly

Exactly. Decades ago Chicago could be compared to some of those families but certainly not today.

Ivy, if it makes you feel better, I believe that all the available evidence suggests that:

1) The Outfit is less active than Philly. Italian-American assimilation did in the Outfit; Philly seems to still have a pool of youngish Italian-American guys willing to get involved. (And yes guys I am aware of the existence of Nick Ferriola.)

2) The Outfit seems to be more on par with New England, and maybe even somewhat less so.

3) The Outfit is beginning to turn into what Detroit is like now, and in a decade or so will be like what Buffalo is like now.

4) The Sarno case probably shows a good example of what the remaining Outfit street rackets are like. Or were like a few years ago. Look at the case, and consider the fact that people were speculating that he was the boss at the time; it speaks volumes.

I'm going to keep saying this stuff until someone comes along with something REAL to prove me wrong. I will cheerfully admit I'm wrong if someone actually proves it - I always do! grin

Last edited by Ivan; 02/14/13 12:49 AM.