Yeah, Family Secrets was really exciting. Coen's book was awesome; one of my favorites, if not my favorite. That is really cool he wrote you back. I've read that book about 3 times.

I was actually considering writing Steve Warmiber regarding this "60 made guys" issue; maybe I will.

I haven't heard anything about a new trial in a couple years. There were a few article after FS that alluded to it, and John Kass alluded to a "tsunami" of indictments in 2010, but it never happened.

Yeah, DiFronzo is a bit of a mysterious character... there is some good info on him over on ANP, and a small section on him in When Corruption Was King. (If you liked Coen's book you'll probably like that one too if you haven't read it.)

In one of those articles, or in the comments, someone mentioned who it was who brought him in, and maybe how... I forget.

He's married and lives in River Grove in a modest apartment complex that he owns. One of his sons died of a drug overdose. He used to own a car dealership, or dealerships (probably still does).

And he was reportedly identified by Nick Calabrese as being at the Spilotro murders but the feds did not have enough evidence, is the story, to go after him. Other theories on that exist, because they did not have much more evidence to go after Marcello for the same thing except a voice ID, or, with Lombardo for the Seifert murder, basically just a fingerprint, but still went after them. So some people think there's some funny business why they didn't go after DiFronzo too.

There are some good articles on DiFronzo on ANP if you do a search over there.

But nothing that would come close to a really good bio.

He used to meet at the old Loon with all his pals, later converted into another restaurant called the My Way, owned by Bobby Abinatti, but it's since closed completely I believe.

Kind of funny that was the Outfit meeting spot, it was pretty lame.