GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Mafia101, Turnbull, 3 invisible), 331 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,706
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,238
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,523
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,400
Posts1,060,172
Members10,349
Most Online911
25 minutes ago
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 36 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 35 36
Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #695269
02/08/13 01:30 PM
02/08/13 01:30 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Pizza, not sure if I said it on this site or RD but word on the street is that Gino has been a CI since his prison stint and that the hit was sanctioned by someone, Joey or Joe or whoever....that I don't know. Supposedly Nicodemo was not the shooter. From what I hear he has lost 15 lbs. My buddy works for same company as Nicodemo did and works with his Uncle. His Uncle went to see him. Suposedly they are going to charge him with 3rd degree murder. It was still stupid for keeping everything in his car but for the cops to catch him as he was going into his house is imppossible if he drove straight home. He most likely had the shooter jump in his car, drop him off and then went back to his house. Nicodemo lives very close to where the shootig took place.

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #695270
02/08/13 01:31 PM
02/08/13 01:31 PM
T
TonyBoy117 Offline
Underboss
TonyBoy117  Offline
T
Underboss
For one thing the Philly crew is sure a fucking group of characters , that's for sure

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #695271
02/08/13 01:33 PM
02/08/13 01:33 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
I wouldn't put anything past Borgesi.

Re: philly update [Re: spmob] #695294
02/08/13 03:15 PM
02/08/13 03:15 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: spmob
Pizza, not sure if I said it on this site or RD but word on the street is that Gino has been a CI since his prison stint and that the hit was sanctioned by someone, Joey or Joe or whoever....that I don't know. Supposedly Nicodemo was not the shooter. From what I hear he has lost 15 lbs. My buddy works for same company as Nicodemo did and works with his Uncle. His Uncle went to see him. Suposedly they are going to charge him with 3rd degree murder. It was still stupid for keeping everything in his car but for the cops to catch him as he was going into his house is imppossible if he drove straight home. He most likely had the shooter jump in his car, drop him off and then went back to his house. Nicodemo lives very close to where the shootig took place.

I'm not a lawyer but even if Nicodemo was only the driver for the hit it's still first degree murder.

If it was a preplanned murder against a police informant it doesn't matter if he was only the driver as far as i know. Anybody involved in the plot is as guilty as the shooter himself, at least thats what i believe to be true.

Any lawyers here? Opinions?

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #695297
02/08/13 03:46 PM
02/08/13 03:46 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
This is just what his Uncle is telling people. I don't know for sure but they are saying at this point with the evidence they have they are going to charge him with 3rd degree murder. This could change. I think he goes to court at the end of this month.

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #695303
02/08/13 04:06 PM
02/08/13 04:06 PM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
I remember years ago during that home invasion in Staten Island when Chris Paciello never even went in the house but was still charged just like the guys that did the shooting.

Re: philly update [Re: NickyEyes1] #695418
02/09/13 06:00 AM
02/09/13 06:00 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
How do we know how violent borgesi is? Is it in wiretaps?

I think it was Bent Finger Lou's testimony that was used as justification.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: philly update [Re: Ted] #695424
02/09/13 06:25 AM
02/09/13 06:25 AM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ted
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
How do we know how violent borgesi is? Is it in wiretaps?

I think it was Bent Finger Lou's testimony that was used as justification.

I agree with you Ted and think thats most likely the reason he was denied. And then cursing out the prosecutor just sealed his fate.

Didn't Bent Finger also get him on tape bragging about how he beat the shit out of Angelo Lutz and kept beating him even after he was knocked out cold? Or was that a different tape? I forget.

Re: philly update [Re: Scarfinc] #695522
02/09/13 09:17 PM
02/09/13 09:17 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Scarfinc
U kno I signed up because I have a lot of knowledge about the mafia and am bloodline castellano

"Bloodline Castellano"? Is that your way of saying you were related to Big Paul?

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #695524
02/09/13 09:19 PM
02/09/13 09:19 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
so when is uncle Joe getting out..?

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: philly update [Re: Giancarlo] #695535
02/09/13 10:29 PM
02/09/13 10:29 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Originally Posted By: spmob

I'm not a lawyer but even if Nicodemo was only the driver for the hit it's still first degree murder.

If it was a preplanned murder against a police informant it doesn't matter if he was only the driver as far as i know. Anybody involved in the plot is as guilty as the shooter himself, at least thats what i believe to be true.

Any lawyers here? Opinions?

No lawyer but I'll throw my hat into the ring and give you my two cents anyway.

If I was in his shoes I'd play it like I didn't know shit about no hit. That's Nicodemo's defense right there hanging by a needle's thread. And he has to cling to this as if his life depends on it cos he ain't got shit else to say by the looks of it. Soon as he gives up any inkling he knew what was about to go down he is wrapped up in a murder one rap so tight he may as well show up in a ribbon bow so gift wrapped would he he be for the slam dunk.

The invisible trigger guy (whoever the fuck he be)was as far as the defence knew just paying the guy a friendly visit.

They have the gun or guns whatever, they may have prints the fuck do I know but what no-one can prove for 100% is that this Nicodemo fella knew this was gonna go down before he took his friend for a spin to pay this guy a visit.

So he has deniability to a certain degree unless he's got eyeballs on him that place him in a picture frame as the guy who squeezed the trigger. How this plays in court is not exactly a smooth denfense cos it's gonna be tough to convince a jury he never knew shit about the hit going down.

Put it this way it wouldn't be the shock of the century if they were to do plea him down to third degree way I see it.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #695616
02/10/13 10:58 AM
02/10/13 10:58 AM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
Everybody has theories as to why Nicodemo so brazenley was invoved in this during prime-time hours.I honestley believe that he thought he was untouchable.Once the public knew what went down you would have thought[or at least he did] that all bystanders and witness's would mind their own business.The old I didn't see anything routine.I'm wondering whether these eye witness's are still going to go through with their statements.Not being a lawyer I don't know how that works either if the witness's suddenly had a memory lapse.But then again it was because of the witness's they were able to track the vehicle down to Nicodemo.So if they were to recant I don't know how that would work.If it does stay the way it is there's proof the mob has lost its intimadating factor.

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #695642
02/10/13 02:21 PM
02/10/13 02:21 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
I'm just thinking out loud here, but i don't see them offering Nicodemo no third degree murder plea. They're trying to roll him and they know he isn't go to roll over a 3rd degree murder beef.

The only way i see him avoiding a first degree homicide rap is if he can say it was just a spur of the moment thing. Like an argument that just got out of hand. But if the law can prove in anyway that it was a planned hit they'll never give him a 3rd degree offer. Unless they really don't have shit on him then i guess it's possible just to keep him off the street for a few years, but honestly i don't see that happening.

They're probably going to tighten the screws on Nicodemo as hard as they can get away with it and hope he cracks and flips.

Re: philly update [Re: Giancarlo] #695655
02/10/13 02:50 PM
02/10/13 02:50 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
I'm just thinking out loud here, but i don't see them offering Nicodemo no third degree murder plea. They're trying to roll him and they know he isn't go to roll over a 3rd degree murder beef.

Agreed, Gianni. Not in a million years. If it helps get his Uncle get to sleep at night, then I understand why he's telling that to people (for his family's sake). But it's wishful thinking.

They have the guy dead to rights. Even if the witnesses recant, the cops have the proverbial "smoking gun." The only way that goes away is by saying the gun wasn't his. And unless he's willing to say who the gun belonged to, that argument won't hold water. So again, it all comes back to whether or not he rats.

By the way, the premeditated murder of an informant in the State of Pennsylvania carries the death penalty, if the prosecutors decide to ask for it.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #695676
02/10/13 05:41 PM
02/10/13 05:41 PM
tommykarate Offline
Underboss
tommykarate  Offline
Underboss
What if there was no gun powder on his hands or clothing? Or anything to say he shot the gun just he had the murder weapon in his possession? How would it work then? That also kinda would prove it to be pre meditated tho unless he said it was dropped in his car n he didn't know it was gonna happen.and if there gonna go after ol cock smokin lou I think it'd be best if they we're to make him disappear honestly.don't kill him in ur car take him to the woods a quarry or whatever and get it over with.hell try to hire some1from jersey or n.y to do it if poss.and don't get more involved then need be and they could it.

One thing about wiseguys...the hustle never ends.-tony soprano
Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #695678
02/10/13 05:50 PM
02/10/13 05:50 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
I'm not sure how it works in PA but does anyone know if the cops have presented any evidence to a grand jury yet? Has Nicodemo officially been indicted on these charges? If he has i think that he's then entitled to full discovery and he'll then have a pretty good sense of his chances. But you have to get discovery to see what they really have or don't have.

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #695724
02/10/13 09:45 PM
02/10/13 09:45 PM
J
Jose Offline
Capo
Jose  Offline
J
Capo
I've mentioned this before in a thread but I like so many on here can't figure this out at all. Not only did they find the smoking gun but they also found a ski mask. Also, they have a mailman that put an ID on the license plate and car of Nico...I don't know if US postal workers feel the same kind of intimidation or not. This hit took place probably 3/4 of a mile away from Nicodemos house (who lives 4-5 houses down from Uncle Joe). The wrinkle that is posted earlier that there is no way that cops could beat him to his house I think is pretty accurate. Depending on the path , in a car it would take no more than 90 seconds. Leaves some thought that there was some driving around maybe dropping someone off. It's too bad AN was well respected and feared and an earner in South Philly. Held a legit job as an adjuster, etc. This is a complete headscratcher unless there is something that noone knows which is possible.

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #695762
02/11/13 10:18 AM
02/11/13 10:18 AM
J
JacklynnPetropoulos Offline
Button
JacklynnPetropoulos  Offline
J
Button
I used to always see Ralph Natale "running" at Cooper River Park in Pennsauken New Jersey. My friends and I would always giggle when we saw him b/c whether winter or summer he had a very dark tan, without his shirt on, and his shorts pulled up to damn near his neck. If I knew then who he was I'd have invited him to a cup a coffee and a chat

"Goodfellas don't sue goodfellas. . . . Goodfellas kill goodfellas." ~ Salvatore Profaci in bugged NJ mob lawyer Sal Avena's office

“This was the Volkswagen of racketeering charges” ~ Def. Attorney Ed Jacobs, Jr.

"Meanwhile, I got the uncle who wants me out of the way.... Great family, aren't they? This is what it's all about." ~Louis "Bent-Finger Louie" Monacello

"It was a wholesale annihilation.... How many times do they want to be beat? Because I'm frankly getting tired of it. They went fishing for Joe Ligambi, and the jury gave them Gary Battaglini.” ~ Def Atty Christopher Warren
Re: philly update [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #695765
02/11/13 10:30 AM
02/11/13 10:30 AM
J
Button
J
Button
Lawyer here (but dont tell anyone.

Depending on what he thought the plans were, regardless of whehter it was preplanned murder or to go score some drugs, he could have been convicted for 1st degree murder - i.e., felony murder. Unless he got out of the car and went to the police, he at least aided and abetted and/or accomplice after-the-fact by driving away. Thus, anyone in the car can be charged with the 1st degree.

I tell everyone the reason I sat for the NY bar exam was so I could one day be a Mob lawyer - especially since many are now joining their former clients in prison.

"Goodfellas don't sue goodfellas. . . . Goodfellas kill goodfellas." ~ Salvatore Profaci in bugged NJ mob lawyer Sal Avena's office

“This was the Volkswagen of racketeering charges” ~ Def. Attorney Ed Jacobs, Jr.

"Meanwhile, I got the uncle who wants me out of the way.... Great family, aren't they? This is what it's all about." ~Louis "Bent-Finger Louie" Monacello

"It was a wholesale annihilation.... How many times do they want to be beat? Because I'm frankly getting tired of it. They went fishing for Joe Ligambi, and the jury gave them Gary Battaglini.” ~ Def Atty Christopher Warren
Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #695772
02/11/13 11:18 AM
02/11/13 11:18 AM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
How many mob murders have been solved over the years from eye witness testimoney,none that I can think of.I honestly believe he acted himself unless there was somebody nearby in a crash car.I think him getting idenified was the least of his worries,if someone were with him why in the world would they leave the evidence in the vehicle that was at the scene just in case there was a remote chance that somebody came forward.

Re: philly update [Re: 22] #695773
02/11/13 11:44 AM
02/11/13 11:44 AM
J
Button
J
Button
That is a really interesting question - how many mob hits solved by eyewitness testimony. Im currently working on a large scale project on mob and I'll add that as one of the factors...Great call!

Re: philly update [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #695774
02/11/13 11:59 AM
02/11/13 11:59 AM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: JacklynnPetropoulos
Lawyer here (but dont tell anyone.

Depending on what he thought the plans were, regardless of whehter it was preplanned murder or to go score some drugs, he could have been convicted for 1st degree murder - i.e., felony murder. Unless he got out of the car and went to the police, he at least aided and abetted and/or accomplice after-the-fact by driving away. Thus, anyone in the car can be charged with the 1st degree.

I tell everyone the reason I sat for the NY bar exam was so I could one day be a Mob lawyer - especially since many are now joining their former clients in prison.

Whos to say the other guy didn't point the trigger at him and make him feel his life was at risk if he were not to haul ass out of there?

Could of been a hundred reasons why they payed the guy a visit and a pretty good one for allowing a guy who has just popped sombody back into your life for a few minutes until you can lose the nut.

Given that fact surely it's at least possible if not likely that he may be offered third degree? If it's just a murder rap alone then why would they offer him more than third degree for fingering the other guy? They have a slam dunk already.

For the mob stuff presumably? Well if that be the case then how much could he demand in a sit down with the Feds? The sky's the limit as they say but he ain't exactly Sammy The Bull so how much can he expect from a plea bargain if all he wants to do is finger the trigger guy?

Unless he accepts liability for a planned hit then that is all he has as a defense right? Deniability and he loses that the moment he fingers the other guy anyway cos who knows what this other guy will say when he gets the spotlight?

Hard to see how he unravels hiself but you're a lawyer I'd be interested to know what would you say to him now? Cos no offense I've had some lawyers and truth be had I'd be better on my own up there some of the crap they come out with half then time.

So I'm calling you out on this one hot shot. Show me what you got.

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 02/11/13 12:26 PM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: philly update [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #695780
02/11/13 12:57 PM
02/11/13 12:57 PM
J
Button
J
Button
Oh my love! You are very right and yet so wrong. It would take me a good hour to type out a fantastic answer for you (or him if I were pretending to represent him). And I would have to read up on more of the specific details of the case. But, I will say from the outset, the feds generally only charge a case if they can win it; hence why the feds have a great conviction record. So when they lose, as they did just recently, they take it as a major blow.

I will take a little more time to reread your response and reply with a more substantive response. And I am by far not 'big shot' and I am the first to point out how corrupt lawyers are.

Finally, you may be better off representing yourself in a case, if it werent for all the procedural and evidentiary rules you will be required to know and comply with despite your lack of training. Which is why most self-rep cases fail. Now, there are, and I have personally seen, some defendants during sentencing cite the statutue number and precise language of a law and some judges have even been known to say that appeals written by prisoners on their own behalf are often better than those writtten by any attorney.

Expect my response in the near future, counsel! smile

Re: philly update [Re: pizzaboy] #695781
02/11/13 01:28 PM
02/11/13 01:28 PM
J
Jimmythepen Offline
Button
Jimmythepen  Offline
J
Button
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I now firmly believe that the guy that Nicodemo whacked (Gino DiPietro) will turn out to have been a CI, and that's why the Government is so gung-ho right now. They don't like losing informants. I also believe that the prosecutors and agents informed the Judge of this in chambers, and that's the main reason that bail was denied. Whether that's moral or even legal is beside the point because they do shit like that all the time.

And that's why Borgesi is nuts if he goes after this Bent-Dick guy. After a guy testifies the damage is already done. No sense in pissing off the Government. This ain't Sicily (or even Montreal). If you kill a witness in the United States today, there's a fifty-fifty chance you'll get nailed for it. And a hundred percent guarantee that the Feds will never leave you alone on your other crimes.

And I'm not saying that the Feds play fair, or that they don't trample the constitution when it suits them (The Patriot Act, anyone?). I'm just saying that for all of the above reasons, Italian-American organized crime is a terrible career choice today. It's all over but the shouting.

I see your viewpoint but there are quite a number of people who will disagree with that, and with good reason.

Re: philly update [Re: Jimmythepen] #695784
02/11/13 01:40 PM
02/11/13 01:40 PM
J
Button
J
Button
If a CI killed him, and the Feds knew, they wouldnt charge anyone in the murder. They would play dumb. By bringing charges against anyone, they are increasing the attention to the case. So, if it were true that it was a CI and the feds knew, the feds would just continue to give the "its under investigation" until something else tragic happens and everyone forgets about it. And bail in any case involving murder, regardless of the role of the person (i.e., shooter, accomplice, eyewitness who may flee) is hardly ever granted; ESPECIALLY in mob cases, since witnesses DO disappear. Obviously!

Re: philly update [Re: Jimmythepen] #695786
02/11/13 01:46 PM
02/11/13 01:46 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Jimmythepen
I'm just saying that for all of the above reasons, Italian-American organized crime is a terrible career choice today. It's all over but the shouting.

I see your viewpoint but there are quite a number of people who will disagree with that, and with good reason.

Plenty of people disagree with that viewpoint. No argument there. But with "good" reason? I don't think so.

I'm not being preachy. People know me here. I'm 53 years old and grew up with this stuff all my life. And God only knows I've made plenty of my own mistakes as a younger guy. But the life is so different today than when I was a kid, I can't possibly see any "good" reason to pursue it. The perks are gone and the downside is far too great.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: philly update [Re: pizzaboy] #695790
02/11/13 02:09 PM
02/11/13 02:09 PM
J
Jimmythepen Offline
Button
Jimmythepen  Offline
J
Button
Originally Posted By: Jimmythepen
I'm just saying that for all of the above reasons, Italian-American organized crime is a terrible career choice today. It's all over but the shouting.

Plenty of people disagree with that viewpoint. No argument there. But with "good" reason? I don't think so.

I'm not being preachy. People know me here. I'm 53 years old and grew up with this stuff all my life. And God only knows I've made plenty of my own mistakes as a younger guy. But the life is so different today than when I was a kid, I can't possibly see any "good" reason to pursue it. The perks are gone and the downside is far too great.

I know you on here myself as mainly a lurker and I respect you, no doubt about that but it's about opinions. See and I can't say things from a personal perspective as I don't have that 'luxury' either.

But if you are talking about the life in general then it's still got pull. It's still got appeal. As much as a few decades ago? Of course not. The perks you talk about again aren't as great as they once were but they haven't evaporated.

It's a simplistic argument on my behalf, admittedly. When you talk about the downsides not being worth it, I feel that's a bit of a weird issue, in honesty. The fear say, 30 years ago of fucking up was a couple in the back of the head. That fear is no where near as strong anymore. I mean it's been nearly four years since a made guy was whacked in NYC.

Then the other downside is, of course, jail and the whole cavalcade of nonsense the process brings. A sentence to life in prison is arguably worse than a death penalty. See but then I'd say the Feds are more happier now to offer plea deals. Of course LCN is still rat infested which negates some of the downside, as wrong as I feel it is.

So my view is, and to be honest I don't 100% agree with it, there is still money to be made, respect to be had, a life to be lived. Again, not as well as a while ago but it's still there. And the fear of being whacked isn't there as much and prosecution is different now.

I'm just offering a different view, it's not gospel of course and as I said, I don't even know if I agree with it myself. I don't think it's totally preposterous though.

Re: philly update [Re: pizzaboy] #695792
02/11/13 02:15 PM
02/11/13 02:15 PM
J
Button
J
Button
I completely agree with you there Philly. While the "old-timers" were equally violent, innocents were hardly killed. For NYC, I think the "noble Mob" image died with Carlo Gambino and anything that was left died with Paul Castellano,bringing the John Gotti "celebrity mobster" image and the violent paronoid schizoslike Casso and Amuso. Equally, in Philly, when all hell hit on Bruno and the Scarfo and Merlino killing sprees down I-95 was the destruction of the so-called "JV Philly Mob."

I too shared the honorable image of the mob at one time. But now, I see them as no different than street gangs such as the Crips and Bloods. My dad always wanted to me to become more interested in the mob, and I told him it was "boring" crime; not interesting like serial killers and rapists (my favorite case study at the time was Ted Bundy). He bought me the first Godfather book and told me if after I read it, if I am still not interested in the mob, then he will let it go. I finished the book in a week and half and begged him to drive me to bookstore to get the next two (I was in highschool w/o drivers license). I have been hooked ever since. If the old-timers were still alive, I would vote a few into the White House. (and that is coming from a very conservative republican w/ background in criminal prosecution)

Re: philly update [Re: JacklynnPetropoulos] #695799
02/11/13 02:45 PM
02/11/13 02:45 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JacklynnPetropoulos
I used to always see Ralph Natale "running" at Cooper River Park in Pennsauken New Jersey. My friends and I would always giggle when we saw him b/c whether winter or summer he had a very dark tan, without his shirt on, and his shorts pulled up to damn near his neck. If I knew then who he was I'd have invited him to a cup a coffee and a chat

Yes, old Ralphie had a place at the Cooper River Apartments with his tormented wife and you'd always see him running.

Jackie are you from Pennsauken? I'm pretty familiar with the area. Used to go to a car dealer right there on rt70 owned by the Holt family. They own a huge shipping container business right on the Delaware and the son had an exotic car dealer ship there real close to the Cooper River Apartments. Almost across the street from DeSimone Cadillac. It's been awhile since i've been in that area so i'm really not sure whats there now.

You mentioned the feds in the Nicodemo case but so far it's only a state case, no federal charges....yet.

Re: philly update [Re: Giancarlo] #695810
02/11/13 03:20 PM
02/11/13 03:20 PM
J
Button
J
Button
I grew up in Cherry Hill and Mt. Laurel. I used at Cooper River to stay in shape as a lifeguard. My dad was a frequent guest of the Irish pub Connie Macks, and I took the place over as my go to spot once I turned 21.

One of my mentors is retired Secret Service and local expert in polygraphing and unofficial "friend" of some of the Philly boys. Ron Previte invited him to his daughter's wedding and my mentor was like thanks but ill have to pass. Previte once asked if he could sit in on the organized crime course my mentor teaches. Lol. Quite the celeb for being a helluva state witness.

I had no clue it was Ralph until I saw him on one of George Anastasia's Fox29 Friday night MobTalk sessions in maybe 2008-2009. When I heard George say Cooper River I looked up and lost my breath and then lost it laughing. Once I commented on Ralph, and my dad said, you can only hope one day you are that physically fit at his age. (my dad doesnt remember this). My friend and I would run around the entire lake and he perhaps made it around a quarter before we passed him.

I do miss those days. Thanks for the walk down memory lane. =)

Ahh, I didnt know it was state charges. I have been distracted researching the old old timers (i.e., the Morellos) for a crime author and my own research in terrorism. When I finally realized the Ligambi trial was going on and was ready to go see if I could squeeze in the courtroom it was too late as the case was already with the jury.

Page 12 of 36 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 35 36

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull