GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 877 guests, and 21 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 68,934
DE NIRO 44,952
J Geoff 31,299
Hollander 26,337
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,611
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,815
Posts1,069,540
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20
Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: cookcounty] #695501
02/09/13 08:20 PM
02/09/13 08:20 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
i wish i still had that fbi chart from either 2008, 2009, or 2010 ( i cant remember the exact year) but on that chart it said there were between 50-80 made men in chicago (active, in jail, or inactive)

the chart was saved on a different computer

it listed difronzo as boss, andriacchi as streetboss, and d'amico as consigliere

I believe you're referring to this 2010 chart at the link below. It wasn't from the FBI but from a couple posters over on the RD forum. Considering the feds specifically cited 28 members in 2007, they obviously took some liberties with who they labeled a "soldier."

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7967/outfitt.gif

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: IvyLeague] #695504
02/09/13 08:23 PM
02/09/13 08:23 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
i wish i still had that fbi chart from either 2008, 2009, or 2010 ( i cant remember the exact year) but on that chart it said there were between 50-80 made men in chicago (active, in jail, or inactive)

the chart was saved on a different computer

it listed difronzo as boss, andriacchi as streetboss, and d'amico as consigliere

I believe you're referring to this 2010 chart at the link below. It wasn't from the FBI but from a couple posters over on the RD forum. Considering the feds specifically cited 28 members in 2007, they obviously took some liberties with who they labeled a "soldier."

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7967/outfitt.gif

naw it was actually a real fbi chart

i got it from the realdealforum so it might still be on there

i'm sorry that it pains you to hear this but it was a real fbi chart and it stated that they have between 50-80 made men, active, inactive, or in jail

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: cookcounty] #695507
02/09/13 08:32 PM
02/09/13 08:32 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

i'm sorry that it pains you to hear this but it was a real fbi chart and it stated that they have between 50-80 made men, active, inactive, or in jail

No, it's not an FBI chart. Like I said, two posters (specifically mcscott and Atardi) made that chart. Mcscott is, of course, author Scott Bernstein, who has written books on the Detroit and Chicago mobs. And he says he got his information from the CCC and the feds. However, while not ignoring the good information he does provide, I don't take his numbers at face value. He seems to inflate the membership totals for both families. We can all look at the exact quote from the FBI in 2007 that cites 28 members. But then Scott and Atardi come up with a chart a few years later that lists over 90+ members? Something doesn't add up. Judging by your name, I'm sure you're more than happy to go with whichever number is the biggest. It's obvious your goal here is to represent your hometown crime family as best you can. You wouldn't happen to be the same guy who went by the name "cookcountyrowdy" over on the RD years ago, would you?

"We have 28 made members of the Chicago Outfit roaming in the Chicagoland area. We have over 100 associates of the Chicago Outfit."
- Robert Grant, FBI (2007)
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5681103

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: IvyLeague] #695510
02/09/13 08:49 PM
02/09/13 08:49 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss

No, it's not an FBI chart. Like I said, two posters (specifically mcscott and Atardi) made that chart. Mcscott is, of course, author Scott Bernstein, who has written books on the Detroit and Chicago mobs. And he says he got his information from the CCC and the feds. However, while not ignoring the good information he does provide, I don't take his numbers at face value. He seems to inflate the membership totals for both families. We can all look at the exact quote from the FBI in 2007 that cites 28 members. But then Scott and Atardi come up with a chart a few years later that lists over 90+ members? Something doesn't add up. Judging by your name, I'm sure you're more than happy to go with whichever number is the biggest. It's obvious your goal here is to represent your hometown crime family as best you can. You wouldn't happen to be the same guy who went by the name "cookcountyrowdy" over on the RD years ago, would you?

"We have 28 made members of the Chicago Outfit roaming in the Chicagoland area. We have over 100 associates of the Chicago Outfit."
- Robert Grant, FBI (2007)

i am not talking about the chart composed by two posters

i'm talking about a chart posted by somebody that was a journalist

50-80 made members (active, inactive, or in jail)

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: cookcounty] #695512
02/09/13 08:53 PM
02/09/13 08:53 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Just because somebody is a journalist or author, doesn't mean everything they say is gospel. And where do you get this 50-80 members from? That chart Scott came up with shows over 90 members. But either way, both numbers are inflated, as the FBI specifically cited 28 members in 2007. Of course, you choose to ignore that number because you don't like it.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: IvyLeague] #695516
02/09/13 08:59 PM
02/09/13 08:59 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
[quote=cookcounty]i am not talking about the chart composed by two posters

Just because somebody is a journalist or author, doesn't mean everything they say is gospel. And where do you get this 50-80 members from? That chart Scott came up with shows over 90 members. But either way, both numbers are inflated, as the FBI specifically cited 28 members in 2007. Of course, you choose to ignore that number because you don't like it. [/quot

He hasn't been here long enough to just listen to you Ivy. As you have eluded to many times you are the only one who gets it. The Mafia Insider! Catchy screen name too!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #695518
02/09/13 09:02 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
He hasn't been here long enough to just listen to you Ivy. As you have eluded to many times you are the only one who gets it. The Mafia Insider! Catchy screen name too!

I'm not asking him to take my word for it. That's why I posted the statement from the FBI for everybody to see. It's right there.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: IvyLeague] #695519
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss

Just because somebody is a journalist or author, doesn't mean everything they say is gospel. And where do you get this 50-80 members from? That chart Scott came up with shows over 90 members. But either way, both numbers are inflated, as the FBI specifically cited 28 members in 2007. Of course, you choose to ignore that number because you don't like it.

i saw the actual chart, it was not composed by the person that posted it

where do u think they people that made the chart (you just posted a link for) got the idea to even make the chart? the chart had the four different crews, the caporegimes of each crew and the street bosses of each crew

the people that composed the chart got the information on who has leadership positions from the fbi chart, i have no idea how they came up with names of soldiers and associates. but they got the hierarchy from the fbi chart

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: IvyLeague] #695520
02/09/13 09:05 PM
02/09/13 09:05 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet

I'm not asking him to take my word for it. That's why I posted the statement from the FBI for everybody to see. It's right there.

I was referring to your statement regarding authors and journalists.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #695521
02/09/13 09:06 PM
02/09/13 09:06 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss

Just because somebody is a journalist or author, doesn't mean everything they say is gospel. And where do you get this 50-80 members from? That chart Scott came up with shows over 90 members. But either way, both numbers are inflated, as the FBI specifically cited 28 members in 2007. Of course, you choose to ignore that number because you don't like it. [/quot

i am not going off of any chart composed by members of a messageboard

if anybody on this forum is a member of the RD forum then they should search for the fbi chart that i'm referring to because it's on there

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: cookcounty] #695526
02/09/13 09:23 PM
02/09/13 09:23 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

if anybody on this forum is a member of the RD forum then they should search for the fbi chart that i'm referring to because it's on there

I'm a member of the RD forum and have been so for over 6 years. And I'm here to tell you there is no FBI chart showing 50-80 members posted there or anywhere else.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #695579
02/10/13 03:22 AM
02/10/13 03:22 AM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
It would be awesome if someone could come up with a fan fiction dialogue of how Marco became "consigliere."

Was it overa nice bottle of wine? Donuts and coffee? A telephone call?

"This is John. I have a question for you."

"Yeah."

"Would you like to become consigliere?"

Pause. "What's the overall compensation package?"

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: IvyLeague] #695586
02/10/13 06:19 AM
02/10/13 06:19 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss

I'm a member of the RD forum and have been so for over 6 years. And I'm here to tell you there is no FBI chart showing 50-80 members posted there or anywhere else.

if you're a member of RD forum then you know goddamn well somebody posted the chart because you saved it to your computer just like i did. i wouldn't be able to tell you whether or not it's still on the website to this day but there was one posted on RD forum within the last 6 years

you can find an fbi chart from the 1990s that listed 7 chicago street crews, that means they had the strength to have 7 different crews. why would you not be able to believe that they have the strength to have between (50-80 made men arctive, inactive, or in jail just 25 years later?

the syndicate doesn't kill each other very often and all of the members of a secret society just didn't up and die in the same year. italians are pretty healthy so they tend to live into their 70s because there ain't that many stresses in their communities

Last edited by cookcounty; 02/10/13 06:21 AM.
Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #695587
02/10/13 06:33 AM
02/10/13 06:33 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss

i repeat, it was a different chart than the one composed by the people that made the big blue chart. i repeat, it was a different chart than the one composed by the people that made the big blue chart. i saw a chart posted by a journalist that he allegedy got from the fbi. different fbi people talk to different reporters, who write different articles which contain different infomation for people to use as quotes

Last edited by cookcounty; 02/10/13 08:07 AM.
Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: cookcounty] #695596
02/10/13 07:34 AM
02/10/13 07:34 AM
massachusetts
scarfacetm Offline
Underboss
scarfacetm  Offline
Underboss
massachusetts

you can find an fbi chart from the 1990s that listed 7 chicago street crews, that means they had the strength to have 7 different crews. why would you not be able to believe that they have the strength to have between (50-80 made men arctive, inactive, or in jail just 25 years later?
A crew doesn't have a set number of members, it could be only 3 made members and dozens of associates or it could be made of 10 made guys and a few associates.

"Death is the answer to all problems. No man, no problem."

"I'd rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not"
Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: cookcounty] #695677
02/10/13 05:48 PM
02/10/13 05:48 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

if you're a member of RD forum then you know goddamn well somebody posted the chart because you saved it to your computer just like i did. i wouldn't be able to tell you whether or not it's still on the website to this day but there was one posted on RD forum within the last 6 years

There's been several Outfit charts of various sizes posted on the RD over the years. But none from the FBI. Just from posters on the board.

Quote:

25 years is a long time. You're apparently not very up to date on the Outfit you so know and love. During the "Family Secrets" case in 2007, the feds listed 4 remaining crews - Elmwood Park, Grand Avenue, Cicero, and 26th Street. More recently, one FBI source said the Outfit is now down to "two or three crews." I could posts the links to these if you want but you'd probably just ignore them anyway.

Quote:
the syndicate doesn't kill each other very often and all of the members of a secret society just didn't up and die in the same year. italians are pretty healthy so they tend to live into their 70s because there ain't that many stresses in their communities

The Outfit has had almost 30 members die in just the last 15 years alone.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: cookcounty] #695679
02/10/13 05:54 PM
02/10/13 05:54 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

i repeat, it was a different chart than the one composed by the people that made the big blue chart. i repeat, it was a different chart than the one composed by the people that made the big blue chart. i saw a chart posted by a journalist that he allegedy got from the fbi. different fbi people talk to different reporters, who write different articles which contain different infomation for people to use as quotes

Yes, you're referring to another chart that Scott (mcscott) posted. He did that one before the blue chart and it was simply a list of names, i.e. without the pictures. He claimed the same sources for both charts (feds, CCC) but the membership was inflated in both.

Here's a couple different sources, both from FBI guys in Chicago. One cited 28 members, the other about 30 members. Time to face reality, pal.

We have 28 made members of the Chicago Outfit roaming in the Chicagoland area. We have over 100 associates of the Chicago Outfit," Grant said.

Mallul estimates the Outfit has about 30 "made" members and a little more than 100 associates
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2007-09-30/news/0709300075_1_chicago-outfit-mob-boss-calabrese

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #695686
02/10/13 06:21 PM
02/10/13 06:21 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
And it's not clear in the article if they include "made guys" who were currently incarcerated.

Let's say not, just for arguments sake.

You would still have to subtract, since then: Calabrese Sr., Nick Calabrese, Jimmy Light, Lumbo, The Indian, Tornabene, Fat Ass... I'm probably forgetting a few too.

So that's - 7 right there.

Further, the Builder, No Nose, Sneaky Pete are freaking ancient. Sorry, but you are only capable of masterminding so much crime when you are in your mid-80s.

Mags shelve

I refuse to count Rudy Fratto

So that is just a little left of the 30 made guys estimated in 2007 who are essentially out of the game.

Even keeping the geriatrics in, as I'm sure someone will insist that they are just as wily and dangerous as ever, that's still approximately 33 percent of "made guys" who are out of the game.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: jonnynonos] #695687
02/10/13 06:26 PM
02/10/13 06:26 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
And it's not clear in the article if they include "made guys" who were currently incarcerated.

You would still have to subtract, since then: Calabrese Sr., Nick Calabrese, Jimmy Light, Lumbo, The Indian, Tornabene, Fat Ass... I'm probably forgetting a few too.

Further, the Builder, No Nose, Sneaky Pete are freaking ancient. Sorry, but you are only capable of masterminding so much crime when you are in your mid-80s.

Mags shelve

So that is just a little left of the 30 made guys estimated in 2007 who are essentially out of the game.

Even keeping the geriatrics in, as I'm sure someone will insist that they are just as wily and dangerous as ever, that's still approximately 33 percent of "made guys" who are out of the game.

It seems to me they're counting everybody, as a made guy doesn't cease to be so just because he's in prison. And, yes, I would argue that a mob guy should't be written off because he's ancient. Look at many of the top guys in the Genovese family. They're old as dirt but they're the ones who, through their experience and leadership, have kept that family the strongest.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: jonnynonos] #695689
02/10/13 06:29 PM
02/10/13 06:29 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

Mags shelve

Johnny, could you do my taxes please? smile

[Linked Image]
Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #695692
02/10/13 06:37 PM
02/10/13 06:37 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
OK, fair enough, keep the geriatrics.

OK, then who would have been in prison?

Harry Aleman, who has since gone on to receive his final reward
Mario Rainone had just been released after an 18 year stretch, he's now back in prison

- 2 more

I'm sure I'm forgetting some others.

Harry, taxes are for suckers!

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: jonnynonos] #695696
02/10/13 06:41 PM
02/10/13 06:41 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

lol

[Linked Image]
Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: jonnynonos] #695697
02/10/13 06:47 PM
02/10/13 06:47 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

OK, fair enough, keep the geriatrics.

OK, then who would have been in prison?

Harry Aleman, who has since gone on to receive his final reward
Mario Rainone had just been released after an 18 year stretch, he's now back in prison

- 2 more

I'm sure I'm forgetting some others.

Neither Aleman or Rainone were made.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #695699
02/10/13 06:49 PM
02/10/13 06:49 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Care to share how you know that?

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #695702
02/10/13 07:05 PM
02/10/13 07:05 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Aleman was half mexican

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #695705
02/10/13 07:11 PM
02/10/13 07:11 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Marcello is half-Irish.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #695707
02/10/13 07:15 PM
02/10/13 07:15 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Pretty sure they didn't know Marcello was half irish. They might of known Aleman wasn't full Italian. Pretty obvious from his last name.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #695709
02/10/13 07:26 PM
02/10/13 07:26 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
I've heard that before re: Marcello but I would find it hard to believe. His dad was involved in Outfit stuff, and was murdered while trying to collect a juice loan. Later the guy who killed him was murdered.

Yes, everyone knew Aleman was half Mexican.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: jonnynonos] #695711
02/10/13 07:43 PM
02/10/13 07:43 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Care to share how you know that?

I've never seen any claim that either one of them were made. And others posters, more knowledgeable then me on the Outfit, have never listed them. And Rainone informed on the mob anyway.

Re: Today Outfit's real power in Chicago ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #695715
02/10/13 08:20 PM
02/10/13 08:20 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Well, it's a guessing game. I doubt too many people would really have inside knowledge on that.

By some accounts Butch Petrocelli was killed for ripping off the Aleman defense fund, and I believe Petrocelli is believed to have been made, right?

If true, would they kill a made guy for ripping off an unmade guy?

Although I remember when I read that that was the sole reason for killing Petrocelli I was a little skeptical.

But I don't know.

Raione was GOING to flip until they blew his mom's porch up, then he got alzheimer's.

Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull