Rush for permits

Quote:
Daniel Oltesvig served in the Army for 26 years, but it wasn't until the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., that he decided to apply for a concealed pistol license for himself.

"Too many crazies out there," the 61-year-old Chesterfield Township man said while waiting in line to discuss his CPL application with officials at the Macomb County Clerk's Office last month. "I want something to protect me when I travel and at my home."

Oltesvig isn't alone.

The Dec. 14 mass killing of 20 children and six adults by a gunman at the Connecticut school and the subsequent nationwide push for tighter gun laws have people lining up in metro Detroit communities and across Michigan for permits to carry a concealed handgun. Some counties reported CPL applications doubled in January, compared with the same month last year...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.