Originally Posted By: Skinny
A lot of italians still in NO. My fathers family came in thru there. It wouldnt suprise me at all if there was a little something going on down there. Not as in a big hidden family, but connected guys, guys who are left over from the old family... I think this tufar o claim is bullshit. But thats just me... The only reason i even say this is bc NO is one of the most corrupt areas in america, and italian wise, its the most un-gentrified communities of italians in the south. Which is why maybe MAYBE, i could see a little "family" being there.

Of all the families the have supposedly become 'defunt', the one that always has been the hardest to fathom is NoLa. For all the reasons you stated above, and for many other reasons. The point I agree with you most is the corrupt nature of Louisiana, specifically NoLa. It was the first and largest entry point in the US for Sicilians; the oldest OC family; completely autonomous from the Commission (during Marcello's reign); the cities stock and trade seems to be vice. I guess since the Marcello kids stayed legit, there was no one to carry the torch.

"Three can keep a secret..if two are dead."
Calogero Minacore