GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 688 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,574
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,536
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,460
Posts1,061,303
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69339
03/06/04 03:18 PM
03/06/04 03:18 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline
Anthony Lombardi  Offline

east coast
Hahaha, you just love to keep mentioning me, don't you?

As I've explained before -- this is a debating issue, if you DO NOT WISH TO DEBATE OR "get into it" THEN DON'T POST HERE. Stop being such a baby and acting like a victim. Posting in this thread, you're now at risk to get into a debate with someone whose opinion differs from yours. But I guess you still haven't gotten that yet. rolleyes

And I'm sick of this "well, that's the way God made it" excuse. It's so piled up with bullshit that it's just overflowing with assumptions. How do you all know what God meant to be? 'Cause men and women can reproduce? So what? This excuse is so over-played and so lazy. Let's all blame our problems on the way "God intended it to be" yet we've never even met the Man; and most of us don't know for sure if He exists. Not saying I don't believe in Him -- I do -- just stating a point. If a man and a man or a woman and a woman weren't "meant to be together" 'cause they can't "reproduce" then why would God have made them homosexual; the way they are? Exactly, he wouldn't have. Gays don't choose to be gay, it's been proven it's genetical. Just because they can't reproduce that doesn't mean they're "not meant to be." They are able and willing to love each other and THAT'S WHAT COUNTS. Since they are capable of loving each other, then I guess they ARE meant to be. Homosexuals having the right and power to mutual love is all that matters; not if they can breed or not. Why don't we stop trying to stop people from getting the same rights we do just because they're different?

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69340
03/06/04 03:24 PM
03/06/04 03:24 PM
USA
Don Pope Offline
Underboss
Don Pope  Offline
Underboss
USA
huh? your STILL bickering? you basically just said my opinon is bullshit, after you said awhile back that im ignorant for saying yours was bullshit. GET A LIFE MAN, seriously, go away, do something! GOD DAMN your like a nat at a BBQ. You cant seem to get over it. You think my opinions bullshit COOL, go tell you mom and dad about it, i dont care what you have to say.

im trying to respect J geoff and SC by ignoring you, but your the one who keeps goin on and on.

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" -Micheal Corleone

"Suck it up, take the fall, do the time. That makes you what you are, that makes you who you are." -John Gotti

"you heard of the new chinese godfather? He made em an offer they couldnt understand" -Corrado Soprano

"Ahhh, im gonna go wash up" -Paulie Gultiari
Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69341
03/06/04 03:35 PM
03/06/04 03:35 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
Hey, buddy -- THIS IS A DEBATING THREAD. LEAVE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT. rolleyes "Bickering" I am not -- replying to statements made by other people in our debate I am. If you don't wanna hear it, run along. You're telling people to "stop debating" in a debating thread. Go figure.

And my statement says your's was "bullshit?" It pretty much proved it wrong. Maybe you can slap two brain cells together and form a reply that's worthwhile and might actually say something against mine rather than the tiresome "OMG STOP REPLYING IN A DEBATE THRED"

Sorry, I'm not going "on and on." I was basically replying and agreeing with was Plawrence said. I never said "DON POPE UR WRONG" I'm not a brat like you.

Originally posted by J Geoff:
[b]Don Pope better calm the hell down. This thread was a mature discussion, with mature people, who could actually put together some well-thought-out opinions (on both sides of the issue) w/o the use of childish language and 4-letter words. Stop it. Now.

I suggest people ignore such posts. [/b]
He was talking about IGNORING YOU, just to let you know.

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69342
03/06/04 03:43 PM
03/06/04 03:43 PM
USA
Don Pope Offline
Underboss
Don Pope  Offline
Underboss
USA
Hes still goin and goin! YEA! lets see if we can get our post count up. Like seriously does it bother you that much? let it go man, let it go...

"Suck it up, take the fall, do the time. That makes you what you are, that makes you who you are." -John Gotti

"you heard of the new chinese godfather? He made em an offer they couldnt understand" -Corrado Soprano

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69343
03/06/04 03:45 PM
03/06/04 03:45 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
Yep, exactly what I thought. No actual responses to anything I said -- just pointless bickering about OFF TOPIC subjects. rolleyes

Please, if you don't wanna hear "bickering" I suggest you leave a thread about debating. Seriously.

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69344
03/06/04 03:48 PM
03/06/04 03:48 PM
USA
Don Pope Offline
Underboss
Don Pope  Offline
Underboss
USA
im not even reading your posts, im just waiting for you stop bitching. Ill tell ya what go into the chatroom when you get this.

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69345
03/06/04 03:51 PM
03/06/04 03:51 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
OK, just like in the other thread - STOP THIS SHIT NOW!!

Do not reply with "He started it", or "Its not MY fault". Just stop it NOW!

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69346
03/06/04 04:01 PM
03/06/04 04:01 PM
Northern NJ
Daigo Mick Friend Offline
Underboss
Daigo Mick Friend  Offline
Underboss
Northern NJ
Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:

Gays don't choose to be gay, it's been proven it's genetical. Just because they can't reproduce that doesn't mean they're "not meant to be."[/QB]
This is the problem I have. Gay couples cannot reproduce, but they are acquiring children through surrogates and adoption. This is a new area and we do not know what the results will be. Generations from now we will begin to understand the results of children that are raised in a gay household. Is your sexual preference really in your gene's or can it be a product of the enviorment that you are raised in. Children of Firemen become Firemen, Children of antisemites become antisemites, Chiildren of Alcoholics become Alcoholics. It is just food for thought.

I do believe that same sex couple's should be entitled to the same civil right's that married couple's have. But these right's should also be extended to others types of couples.

Elderly widows looking for companionship.
A Single parent taking care of an adult child.
An adult taking care of an aging parent.

There are plenty of different couple's out there. We don't need to change the meaning of words for all of them.

"Francis can I have a momment"
Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69347
03/06/04 04:07 PM
03/06/04 04:07 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
I don't think living in a gay household turns you gay. Because, as I said before, it's already been proven to be genetical. If you don't have the gene, you can't just turn gay -- you don't choose to. And environment doesn't really seem like a way to change your sexuality. Your job, sure -- because you look at your dad and go "I wanna be like him." You idolize your father. Alcoholism? That's a disease/disorder -- they run in genes and the blood. But you don't say "hey, I wanna be gay like my father." As long as they're a good parent and teach their son or daughter morals, then I see no problem with it.

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69348
03/06/04 04:21 PM
03/06/04 04:21 PM
Northern NJ
Underboss
Underboss
Northern NJ
But we don't know for sure. I would have to think that many of these children will be swayed based on what they know. Also children can be terrible while you are growing up. Gosh when I was growing up other kids gave you a hard time if you had cheap sneakers or did,nt dress right. How are these Children(Gay Household) going to be treated by their peers. They are going to be alot of children with alot of issues.

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69349
03/06/04 04:25 PM
03/06/04 04:25 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
I don't think living in a gay household turns you gay because there have been many cases thus far where two gay parents bring up a child/children. If it did change their sexuality, I'm sure there would be alot more talk about it. It's been going on for a while now, and no cases have been cited. I'm sure if someone being raised by gay parents turned gay themselves, it would be on the news, the radio, in the papers -- and alot more about it would be heard within this gay marriage subject. It hasn't happened -- and it's not a disorder or disease or something you idolize or are brought up on -- so I'm lead to believe it doesn't change your sexuality or else we'd have heard of it by now. Catch my drift?

It's good to have a mature discussion about this subject. smile

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69350
03/06/04 04:27 PM
03/06/04 04:27 PM
chile
angiez23 Offline
Underboss
angiez23  Offline
Underboss
chile
i´m agree with that, is truth about the genetic component in homosexuality, but also is truth the important roll of the ambient in people´s decisions and beliefs, human being exist in a social ambient ,is a social animal, have relationships ,conections with others of its same species, but i´d not belive in the fact about all the kids with parents of the same sex, have to be gay , alcoholic, junkie or whatever in all the cases.

" What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?"

" Take me out tonight
Because I want to see people and I
Want to see life"- there is a light that never goes out by The smiths.
Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69351
03/06/04 04:33 PM
03/06/04 04:33 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
And also -- very rarely, so far, has it been shown that personal relationships have caused homosexuality or that people's surroundings are connected with homosexuality. Not very often do we find a gay person with all their surroundings and friends and environment being gay; leading us to believe it was a trigger. It just doesn't happen too much, and certainly not nearly enough for us to believe that it's the cause and effect.

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69352
03/06/04 04:36 PM
03/06/04 04:36 PM
chile
angiez23 Offline
Underboss
angiez23  Offline
Underboss
chile
yeah truth, my point was about the important of social roll in people, u know , not only in homosexuality ,in all things, i´m agree with u, parents with the same sex don´t means a future gay.

" Take me out tonight
Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69353
03/06/04 04:39 PM
03/06/04 04:39 PM
Northern NJ
Underboss
Underboss
Northern NJ
I do catch your drift but you may be refering to grown children either adopted or in a foster home. What I mean by a child raised in a gay household is;

A baby raised from birth by two same sex parents. I don't think there are many cases of this type of child that are currently of adult age now. I am not one to say let's wait & see what happens with these children. I do not have faith in society when it come to this. I do believe that it could be done right but for every sucess there is the potential for many broken lives.

It's good to have a mature discussion about this.

Knock on Wood wink

Also we are talking about possibilities. The child of the Alcoholic can also be a causual drinker that devotes there life to working with people in AA.

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69354
03/06/04 04:42 PM
03/06/04 04:42 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline OP
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline OP
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Originally posted by Daigo Mick Friend:

Some may find it morally acceptable to marry more than one individual or a minor. I think there are laws prohibiting both. The laws against having more than one spouse and marrying a minor are based on what is moral. Like it or not most laws of the land are based on morality.
Minors need laws to protect them because they are just that--minors. That's why we have statuatory rape laws. The thinking is that a minor can't give consent because they are a minor. It has nothing whatsoever to do with morality. It's for the minor's protection. That's why young minors are not allowed to drink, drive, vote, etc. To protect them from themslves and to protect everyone else from them.

As far as laws against more than one spouse are concerned, they are based, I believe, on religion rather than morality.

The Mormons wish to be polygamous, but our Judeo-Christian societal "morals" don't allow it. Well, there are other religions and cultures that have no problem with polygamy, so who are we to declare it immoral?

If a bunch of adults decides, consensually, that they wish to live this way, WHY SHOULD ANYONE CARE? Who are they hurting? Certainly not me. Just like same-sex couples who wish to marry.

As a matter of fact, the idea is not unappealing wink

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69355
03/06/04 04:45 PM
03/06/04 04:45 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
Another point is -- have you ever seen kids around their parents? They're absolutely appauled at seeing their parents' romantic life; they think it's disgusting to see their parents kissing or even giving them advice. Children/teenagers usually take advice and adapt from their FRIENDS and people outside their family. They rarely ever grow as their parents are, they don't want to even hear about their parents' sex life... So I doubt they'd learn from people they don't really even want to hear about when it comes to this subject.

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69356
03/06/04 05:01 PM
03/06/04 05:01 PM
chile
angiez23 Offline
Underboss
angiez23  Offline
Underboss
chile
yeah good point anthony, is truth kids and teenagers don´t share that kind of things with the parents or talk about it,in almost all the cases, but like u say, they talk with their friends or others about it and that´s social conections help them, to create its own belifs and to make desicions in the future.

" Take me out tonight
Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69357
03/06/04 05:06 PM
03/06/04 05:06 PM
Northern NJ
Underboss
Underboss
Northern NJ
Originally posted by plawrence:

It has nothing whatsoever to do with morality. It's for the minor's protection.
[/QUOTE]

At one time it was morally acceptable for minors to marry. In fact Mary the Mother of Jesus was thirteen when she gave birth to Jesus

[/QUOTE]
If a bunch of adults decides, consensually, that they wish to live this way, WHY SHOULD ANYONE CARE? Who are they hurting? Certainly not me. Just like same-sex couples who wish to marry.
[/QUOTE][/QB][/QUOTE]

I agree but when they want to change the meaning of a well established institution. I don't agree.

Why is murder against the law? It is morally wrong is'nt it

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69358
03/06/04 05:26 PM
03/06/04 05:26 PM
Northern NJ
Underboss
Underboss
Northern NJ
Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
Another point is -- have you ever seen kids around their parents? They're absolutely appauled at seeing their parents' romantic life; they think it's disgusting to see their parents kissing or even giving them advice. Children/teenagers usually take advice and adapt from their FRIENDS and people outside their family. They rarely ever grow as their parents are, they don't want to even hear about their parents' sex life... So I doubt they'd learn from people they don't really even want to hear about when it comes to this subject.
What you are referring to is pre-puberty adoulecance behavior. What I am talking about will happen years prior to that. Let me ask you two questions.

1.At what age were you when you can remember that man & women marry as husband and wife?

2. At what age were you when you first heard of homosexuality?

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69359
03/06/04 05:32 PM
03/06/04 05:32 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
I was young at both ages -- but even in the late-teen years, such as 16-17, children/teens STILL don't adapt to their parents. They adapt to what's going around in platonic/friendship surroundings. You develop homosexuality at a early-teen age, and that's a time when you're not really all that into the surroundings in your family. At no point when you're in the development age is it normal for children to adapt as to their parents, it's always outside of the family.

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69360
03/06/04 05:41 PM
03/06/04 05:41 PM
Northern NJ
Underboss
Underboss
Northern NJ
So are you saying that your sexuality is developed during your teen years outside you family envoirment.

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69361
03/06/04 05:43 PM
03/06/04 05:43 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
There's no developing outside your genes -- your genes determine your sexuality. My point is surroundings don't change your sexuality. But when you do discover your homosexual [for homosexuals] it's moreso in the younger teen years [14-15-16], when kids don't adapt to their parents and they moreso do with their friends. Genes is the main reason -- their surroundings is just a second reason and more offered proof.

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69362
03/06/04 05:49 PM
03/06/04 05:49 PM
chile
angiez23 Offline
Underboss
angiez23  Offline
Underboss
chile
i think that it is a mix of both things, because human being has sexuality from the birth and the experiences during all those years are forming the way to be related around the sexuality .

" Take me out tonight
Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69363
03/06/04 06:03 PM
03/06/04 06:03 PM
Northern NJ
Underboss
Underboss
Northern NJ
See I definitly think that your prefrences can be influenced. I don't dissagree with it being pre-ordained with your genes, but there are quite a few undecided individuals out there waiting to be influenced.

The point of my two questions was based on exposure to one envoirment for a number of years prior to learning about the other prefrence. I would assume that most children learn of marriage from observing there mommy & daddy from the point they learn to do everthing. There is probbibly a span of well over 10 years before that individual is introduced to and understands homosexuality.

Reverse the scales, does that child turn out the same being subjected to mommy & mommy or daddy & daddy day after day.

Also your genetic point is well taken. How many individual are influenced to think they are straight because of the enviorment that they are raised in only to be confused and learn at a later in life what there true sexual prefrence is.

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69364
03/06/04 07:29 PM
03/06/04 07:29 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline OP
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline OP
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Originally posted by Daigo Mick Friend:
Why is murder against the law? It is morally wrong is'nt it
There are many things that are morally wrong that are against the law
But that's not the reason these things are against the law.

The reason is that acts such as murder interfere with the rights of others. The morality is incidental.

Isn't adultery morally wrong? It's not against the law.
Isn't it against the law to drive through a stop sign? There's nothing "morally" wrong with that.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69365
03/07/04 06:16 AM
03/07/04 06:16 AM
Thailand/Brazil
Vito The Godfather Offline
Underboss
Vito The Godfather  Offline
Underboss
Thailand/Brazil
I agree with Don Pope. God made us men so we can put our banana on the girl's puppy, and not put it on another man's nasty hairy ass.

"It is the mind that makes someone wise or ignorant, slave or free."
Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69366
03/07/04 10:43 AM
03/07/04 10:43 AM
Northern NJ
Underboss
Underboss
Northern NJ
Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
I agree with Don Pope. God made us men so we can put our banana on the girl's puppy, and not put it on another man's nasty hairy ass.
God also made everyone with two ears, two eyes, and one mouth. The intent being to listen and observe twice as much as you speak. I recommend more in your case.

Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69367
03/07/04 11:02 AM
03/07/04 11:02 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. rolleyes

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Constitutional Amendment To Ban Same Sex Marriages? #69368
03/07/04 11:31 AM
03/07/04 11:31 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
You know I wouldn't believe half of this if I didn't read this myself.

Sad times when some people think the way they do.
I think it is the closed minds and that their one thought is the only real way things should be.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull