We'll never know whether universal background checks and universal reductions in magazines and reduction of assault weapons across the board will reduce violence or not. Agreet that New York has very tight gun laws, and I would he intellectually dishonest if I said I approved of the way the recent laws in New York were railroaded through. The fact is no matter how much I favor a law (or oppose it) these things deserve to be heard out, debated, etc., and not rammed through any legislature.

As long as you can buy guns at shows without a background check, or slip a gun from Virginia into New York, or someplace else where the laws are restrictive, then for sure there willl be no reduction in violence. That is why we need a FEDERAL law that applies nationwide. If it doesn't reduce violence I will be the first to admit it, but I don't think it will be the case.

As for the slippery slope argument, thats just a canard the NRA uses. Sliipery slope to what? Confiscation? Thats not gonna happen.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."