Originally Posted By: dontomasso
How did things get so far? What started as a thread about gun control has become wild interpretations of what the Nazis did or did not do about guns. What does this have to do with the current situation.

Bottom line here is this. There is a right to bear arms in the US that cannot be taken away unless the Second Amendment is abolished, which is not going to happpen.

It is also a fact that despite this right to bear arms, there is no individual right to have drones, atomic bombs nuclear missles, hence there already is de facto arms control. The only question therefore is how far do we go as a matter of policy.

Even if background checks, limited magazines, and the assault rifle ban all goes into effect it will not end gun violence. But as the president says, if it saves one life, its worth it.

No one is going to come and take people's guns away. Thats NRA nonsense.

I read your post twice just to make sure I read it correct.

I think all people by now understand that the 2nd amendment talks about the "right to bear arms," even thou there are many that would like to twist this to fit their own wants or needs. And without getting silly with the atomic bombs nuclear missiles kind of talk which never makes anyone's point seem real. Lets talk facts please. that are at least in the real realm of things.
We should really talk about what has been proposed or has already been enacted upon like in New York State. Which I may add was pushed thru like bandits in the night without any kind of public impute or discussion of any kind. Never mind it being put up to any type of vote or a way to express your concerns.

What good is the right to bear arms if the restrictions that are put on your arms are so tight that people feel that they have been wronged and that right has just about been taken away from them? I think people like to use the term infringed on.

I think the facts have shown (and those facts which came from places like the FBI and other Government agency's) that much of these new weapons bans are or will not effect mass shootings. Loose terms like Assault Rifles have started bans on semi auto rifles and hand guns. And if people don't understand the difference then they should learn before yelling and screaming about banning them!

People should read the real facts written by EXPERTS and not cloud the waters by repeating fears of people who know little if nothing on the subject.
Your own post :
Even if background checks, limited magazines, and the assault rifle ban all goes into effect it will not end gun violence. But as the president says, if it saves one life, its worth it.

has an opinion that most people can understand and agree upon, expect when you start adding the part about "If IT SAVES ONE LIVE' that is a term that has gotten over used and is not a good reason to start new bans or enact new laws. How many lives will be lost if these new rules on into effect, does anyone stop to think about THAT?

Your last statement: No one is going to come and take people's guns away. That's NRA nonsense. is one that may people are worried about. Here in New York, you may have seen and heard about what has leaked out of the king governor planing and it was just that. The taking of people weapons. Even if Finsteins call to ban 157 types of guns is unlikely to happen, then why waste the time to bring it out there?

Making people RE register ( and that has passed here in NY) their weapons makes this one step closer and easier to do. If not, there was real talk about special taxes on guns or fees being put on your registration of guns which would have to be done every so many of years. Another money grab, at the least. (All hand guns are already register here in NY just so people know.)

Well, I did my best to state the facts in a mature manor. Without nit picking or being rude.

Damn, like Paw use to say, the slope gets real slippery.

You know it always seems to slide down hill when it slides.

Thanks for reading,
Be safe

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!