Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
And cigarettes have been outlawed in public places (which, as a former smoker, used to anger me), because that's what hurts the public. And we do limit the number of beers you can buy in a bar, because of the potential danger. And we have made drinking and driving illegal. So, YOU make absolutely no sense.

Should we outlaw cars? No, because responsible ownership of a car poses little danger to the public. However, recklessness does pose danger, so we have controls.

Yes, I think that is his point, correct me if I am wrong here. But the point being is we do not take away, limit them or refuse to market these other items because some people misuse them, like drunk drivers is a prime one. Alcohol and cars.

Maybe it is the fear factor with guns? Makes them a easy target.

But drunk drivers kill so many more then any of these gun nuts each year, whole families, with children etc. Of all ages. So we have to look at the real problem....

.... just like todays gun laws, drink and driving laws, they only work if people are willing to abide by them. Just like alcohol and cars, we shouldn't blame the item, we should put the blame on the person who did wrong.
Put reponsibility back where it belongs on the person.

That is all you can ask is fairness.

Last edited by fathersson; 01/25/13 11:37 AM.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!