Originally Posted By: Skinny
Originally Posted By: LCN1987
Originally Posted By: streetbossliborio
i might have to try this and see if i get a reply! few names that spring to mind are amuso, scarfo, jimmy ida, peter gotti, franzese stc. no turncoats though lol

Amuso, Scarfo and Gotti could have been turncoats if it wasn't for their position (boss). Just pointing that out. They couldn't make a deal anyway. Maybe they would have if they were underbosses, who knows...

The feds will take a boss of a ny family any day. They proved that with Joe Massino. They dont give a fuck about justice they just want arrests and headlines... If Gotti flipped, the feds would be there in a heartbeat.

I don't believe Gotti would have flipped for the very reason you said - his vanity. It's the same reason why a guy like Basciano will never flip. For them, I think it's a different reason than a guy like Prisco not flipping, which is probably due more to adherence to the code.

And if people remember the over all goal for the feds - the destruction of the crime family - there is no surprise in them allowing a boss to flip in order to put away guys under him. It's never been about just one guy. Even the boss. It's about destroying the organization.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.