Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I like Skinny's approach. It's the same as pizzaboy's, as well as sticks from the RD forum. They put forth what they know but don't get bent out of shape, like EHI does, if you don't automatically agree with them.

Okay Ivy, then here's my opinion tongue grin.

Re Quiet Dom and Nick:

I'm going to post this one time and I'm not going to add to it again in the future. But for what it's worth, the man lived in very close proximity to me for many years. His daughter Ann Marie is very friendly with my wife, and our kids are all friends. And I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that QD hasn't been the same since the disappearance, and neither has the rest of his family.

Just because Vinny denied it to Massino in jail doesn't mean he didn't do it. It's called deniability. His saying that it "came from Dom" on tape could have been wink wink, nudge nudge, or it could just be that he was afraid to admit it to Massino, who was still the official boss at that time. Vinny's tough, but no one wants to die. No sane person, anyway.

In my opinion, as the ONLY person on this board who actually lived in the same neighborhood as both QD and Vinny at that time: Vinny did it on the sneak. And the court of public opinion in the East Bronx shares that opinion for the most part.

I guess the reason I'm inclined to think it's very possible Dom did give the OK is, aside from the troubled history with his kid, Vinny killing the son of a major top-level Genovese guy would be taking a huge risk. People talk about him "doing it on the sneak" but, considering his previous run-ins with Nick, everyone would have known who was behind it. To do it without permission is a big spit in the face to Dom and I'm not convinced Vinny would have gotten away with that. One could argue that Vinny would have felt it was in his right, since Nick raised hands to made guys, but I still think he would have had to clear it with Dom.

Edit: I should add this is probably one of those things we'll never know for sure unless a Genovese who's in the know guy flips. Which doesn't exactly happen that often.

His kid was wrong for getting into it with Vinnys son. If he was anyones son but doms hed be dead anyways. The exact words i was told was dom was told to "make no enquiries". I have no idea whether its true or not but i believe the man who told me. And it makes sense to me.