Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: streetbossliborio
i never said he was a pretender clearly hes a very serious guy being a capo in the gambino family at such a young age. Just found that line very annoying and unnecessary. also lets not rate the crew on the indictments alone - this would make them effective at being caught and prosecuted. The most active and effective should be the quietest crews like some crews in the genovese family.

Indictments are the best way to gauge the activity level of a crew or family. Even the smartest and most careful mobsters get busted nowadays. As well run as they are, even Genovese family has certainly had their share of indictments. They're strength has come more in how they weather the indictments than in avoiding them.

I disagree with this ivy. I can see why you use it as a starting point but it shouldnt be all inclusive. Look at the Gerardo/DeVita crew. Not a indictment in twenty years, and they are far from inactive. Or who knew that the Pernas even exsisted until 2007? Or ninny? What im saying is indictments arent always the best catalyst for showing how active a crew is. Not saying that i have any inside info so dont jump on me, but until an indictment comes all you have is pure rumor and speculation that you dispise. Once again, not trying to start an arguement here, just my point of veiw.