Originally Posted By: streetbossliborio
i agree to an extent but crews shouldn't be totally transparent to thee feds. i wonder what the real power the genoveses actually have in the nyc underworld and beyond at the moment. i wonder if criminals and locals alike shudder when the threat of the crime family is brought up in conversation. are there any very recent murders that have been accredited to the family?

Depends on what you mean by "very recent." Over the past decade you have Genovese associate Dino Bogino wounded in 2002, Genovese captain Al Bruno killed in 203, Genovese acting captain Larry Ricci killed in 2005, Genovese soldier Rudy Izzi killed in 2007, and Genovese associate Louis Antonelli killed in 2008.

There was also Nick Cirillo who disappeared in 2004. The Bonannos took him out but apparently got the OK from Dom Cirillo.

And in 2008 Genovese associate William Marcucci was killed but that was a personal thing involving his son and not really mob-related.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.