Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
But the second amendment talks about the "militia" being "well regulated," which leaves room for regulation of clips, magazines, types of guns etc.

Justice Scalia, in the DC and Chicago cases, affirmed the Second Amendment as an individual right. But he was careful to note that it didn't pre-empt states and municipalities from enacting gun controls that didn't violate the Second Amendment.

Quote:
The real question here is whether or not there enough left of center people who understand that there is an absolute right to bear arms not going too far, and the right of center people understanding there is a problem with guns getting into the wrong hands and the constitutionality of trying to keep them out of the wrong hands coming together and squeezing out the extremes on both sides. Lets face it when the far left or far right is calling the shots the tail is wagging the dog.

There is a shortage of rationality on both sides.

It is regretful this shortage exists in areas way beyond gun control.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."